• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calevan

Calevan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

I just got the game, but have some questions regarding the coin (gold) tokens. When should I use them?

1. If I get a tech contaning a coin, I move the inner dial one step, should I also take a coin? Why? why not? Where do I put it?

2. If I use the ability on a tech, for example use 6 trade to get a coin (max 4 coins), I assume I should put one coin on the card to keep track and to move my dial one step.

3. If I have a great person with a coin which I place in the outskirts of one of my cities, what do I do then? move my dial 1 step I assume, but what about the coin tokens?

4. And finally, if a place a scout on a tile contaning a coin, do I automatically get that coin then? move my dial and place a coin on the tile? Can I use that scout to send something else to my city or is it "wasted" to send the coin?

Hope anyone can help me with this!

Thanks alot!

//fredrik

#2 hokuto

hokuto

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

My unofficial $0.02...

1.  I don't think you get a physical coin. You would just move the dial one step forward

2. Yup, that is how I play too. The coin helps you keep track of the limit

3. I believe it is similar to case 1. You move the dial one step for each coin in outskirts you control. if you lose it when occupied by opponent forces, you move the dial backwards.

4. It should be similar to case 1 & 3. As the coin symbol on map is not a resource, it cannot be harvested. Like Great Persons or Banks, they continuously provide its coin bonus until the scout is destroyed or moved away. You should be able to still assign the scout to a city and use the production or trade functions as normal.

#3 Calevan

Calevan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

sounds reasonable. thanks!

#4 Crazy

Crazy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Hokuto.  I had been doing that wrong.  pg 26 confirms that the only tokens given are the ones placed on tech cards.  All others are just on the economy dial.  You will be able to confirm a players economy at any time by counting tech coins and then any coins under that players control either in cities or under scout control.  Too bad you can't gain the coin by posting a army on it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS