Photo

The Lord of The Rings Living Card Game Database - LotRLCG.com - is now completed!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

I was going to wait unitl closer to the game's launch to post this, but I finished up this morning and I am to excited to wait - so here it is! I have all the leaked card that I could find, and will be adding any more that come out. Feel free to mail me with any suggestions, bugs, cards not listed. 

If you are an artist, I want to link to your homepage, just email me. The artwork is stunning (as always for FF) and I want to give you credit. 

Also, if you have any ideas for how to make the individual card pages look better, I'm all ears. 

#2 YGrams

YGrams

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:26 AM

The website looks great, but I just have one very, very minor thing to point out: in the Expansions search box, 'Gollum' is accidentally misspelled 'Gullom'.

#3 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

Thanks! - fixed

#4 Sisyphus

Sisyphus

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thank you so much for doing this!  This shall be quite useful to me.  :)

I looked over the site and noticed just a few minor nitpicks.  All in all, a fine job!  

Signs of Gollum:  Guarded spelled Gaurded

Eowyn:  "Discard 1 card from your hand..." reads Discard 1 card from you hand

Chieftan Ufthak:  Chieftan is spelled Cheiftan throughout the text

Pursued by Shadow:  In the shadow text, the "if" in the the second sentence (If he controls no exhausted allies...) should be capitalized.

Beorn's Path:  First "is" should become an "if" (Players cannot defeat this stage if...)  Also, "Player" should be "Players".

#5 YGrams

YGrams

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

Sisyphus said:

Actually, on that note, is anyone else bothered by the fact that they've misspelled the word on the card? It should be 'Chieftain', but they're missing an 'i'. Hopefully someone at FFG noticed this before they sent the proofs to the printers!

#6 wrongwrongwrong

wrongwrongwrong

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

YGrams said:

Sisyphus said:

Actually, on that note, is anyone else bothered by the fact that they've misspelled the word on the card? It should be 'Chieftain', but they're missing an 'i'. Hopefully someone at FFG noticed this before they sent the proofs to the printers!

I just looked at the image, and it is spelled Chieftan.  I think Sisyphus meant that it is spelled Cheiftan throughout the text on the website, not the card.

#7 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

Thanks, this will be a very useful site I just hope that You will be updateing it with every expansion.

#8 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

wrongwrongwrong said:

I just looked at the image, and it is spelled Chieftan.  I think Sisyphus meant that it is spelled Cheiftan throughout the text on the website, not the card.

Yes, it's spelled 'Cheiftan' on the web site and 'Chieftan' on the card. Both spellings are wrong, since it should be 'Chieftain'.

Two other card names have spelling errors in the web page:

- 'The Galadhrith's Meeting': this should be 'The Galadhrim's Meeting' (lotrlcg.com/PHP/cardFocus.php)

- 'Daughter of the Nimordel: this should be 'Daughter of the Nimrodel' (lotrlcg.com/PHP/cardFocus.php)

Thanks for putting up this database!

Edit: I noticed, Artists are currently listed as 'Unavailible'. That should be 'Unavailable'. However, why not put in some of the names we already know?

E.g. 'Daughter of the Nimrodel' and 'The Galadhrim's Meeting' are pieces by 'Magali Villeneuve' who also did 'Lorien's Wealth' which seems to be missing from the DB.

Now, that I'm comparing the DB against the list of images I have collected, there are several other cards missing:

- 'Valiant Sacrifice' (Event)

- 'Horn of Gondor' (Attachment)

- 'Celebrian's Stone' (Attachment)

- 'Steward of Gondor' (Attachment)

- 'Goblin Sniper' (Enemy)

- 'The Necromancer's Reach' (Treachery)

- 'Under the Shadow' (Treachery)

- 'Ominous Paths' (Quest)

I guess some of these might be outdated and/or have different titles or stats now. I also haven't saved the URL's where I found them, unfortunately

#9 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:00 AM

I updated the typos and added more, but I am unable to find to these cards:

If anyone can find these or any others, let me know.

#10 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:01 AM

jhaelen said:

wrongwrongwrong said:

Yes, it's spelled 'Cheiftan' on the web site and 'Chieftan' on the card. Both spellings are wrong, since it should be 'Chieftain'.

Two other card names have spelling errors in the web page:

- 'The Galadhrith's Meeting': this should be 'The Galadhrim's Meeting' (lotrlcg.com/PHP/cardFocus.php)

- 'Daughter of the Nimordel: this should be 'Daughter of the Nimrodel' (lotrlcg.com/PHP/cardFocus.php)

Thanks for putting up this database!

Edit: I noticed, Artists are currently listed as 'Unavailible'. That should be 'Unavailable'. However, why not put in some of the names we already know?

E.g. 'Daughter of the Nimrodel' and 'The Galadhrim's Meeting' are pieces by 'Magali Villeneuve' who also did 'Lorien's Wealth' which seems to be missing from the DB.

Now, that I'm comparing the DB against the list of images I have collected, there are several other cards missing:

- 'Valiant Sacrifice' (Event)

- 'Celebrian's Stone' (Attachment)

- 'Steward of Gondor' (Attachment)

- 'The Necromancer's Reach' (Treachery)

I guess some of these might be outdated and/or have different titles or stats now. I also haven't saved the URL's where I found them, unfortunately

I updated the typos and added more, but I am unable to find to these cards:

#11 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

mason240 said:

Okay, I've finally found the site again. It's on the main artist's webpage:

kevinchildress.carbonmade.com/projects/2859437

#12 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:47 AM

Awesome, thanks jhealen.

#13 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:48 AM

Well, these are early versions of the cards, so take them with a grain of salt. I wouldn't put them in the database yet.

#14 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

Looks great so far. Thanks very much for sharing thisfor the hard work you have (and will) put into it. If I wasn't SUPER EXCITED about this game before, I certainly am now. 

#15 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

This is awesome - but we have a bunch more cards now, right?!? 

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#16 Casamyr

Casamyr

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

What would be nice to add to the enemy cards is from which encounter deck they are from ie Dol Guldur, etc.

#17 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

rings said:

At this point I think I am going to wait until I can get ahold of the core set in what will hopefully be less then 3 weeks away :) I thought about screencapping the video tutorials ... but that just seems really cheesy. If they put up any more articles with cards, I'll add those, but until then I'm working on some design stuff and trying to implement some pagenation (I'm learning PHP as I go).

I did get to see the game in action at the Event Center in MN last weekend though, and I am super excited. With the co-op nature of the game I think it will very easy to get my non-gamer friends to play, and then maybe from there I can draw them in A Game of Thrones.

#18 Bohemond

Bohemond

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:48 AM

Glad to hear the database is still alive and well.  I can't wait to use it more once we have our core set.

#19 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:10 AM

mason240 said:

rings said:

At this point I think I am going to wait until I can get ahold of the core set in what will hopefully be less then 3 weeks away :) I thought about screencapping the video tutorials ... but that just seems really cheesy. If they put up any more articles with cards, I'll add those, but until then I'm working on some design stuff and trying to implement some pagenation (I'm learning PHP as I go).

I did get to see the game in action at the Event Center in MN last weekend though, and I am super excited. With the co-op nature of the game I think it will very easy to get my non-gamer friends to play, and then maybe from there I can draw them in A Game of Thrones.

You don't have to put in pics yet!    I am just excited for a good search engine.  Thanks again.

Side-note:  Did you play in the Days of Ice and Fire?  I traveled up from Nebraska, and didn't meet all of the MN peeps that I didnt' already know...

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#20 mason240

mason240

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

rings said:

mason240 said:

rings said:

Did you play in the Days of Ice and Fire?  I traveled up from Nebraska, and didn't meet all of the MN peeps that I didnt' already know...

Yeah I did. I wasn't sure if I was going to get into the game or not, and the morning of the tourny I bought the core set and the Baratheon exsp. I went 0-4 lol. I have most of the cards now and have played a lot more games, so I'm really looking forward to regionals in May.

I didn't have a chance to play the LoTR demo because I was playing Twilight Imperium all day, but I did get to watch most of one game. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS