this came in under the radar

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

Wonder if this means FFG will do further RPGs based in 40k, playing races other than humans next maybe?

Also, why does this get its own forum category, is it really that special?!

#2 Golgenna Grenadier

Golgenna Grenadier

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

It is a stand alone game, so far those have received their own forums thus far.

#3 Big Damn Hero

Big Damn Hero

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

pumpkin said:

Wonder if this means FFG will do further RPGs based in 40k, playing races other than humans next maybe?

This is what I'm most excited about. I like Chaos, but more character options in the form of xenos is what I'm waiting for.

Only issue is that it'll be very hard to justify a party of people from different 40K RPGs working together.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

An Eldar RPG would be very exciting to see.

#5 keltheos

keltheos

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Coming 2015...

DA WAAAGH! (a 40k RPG)

Just wishin'.

#6 Wilfred Owen

Wilfred Owen

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Toqtamish said:

An Eldar RPG would be very exciting to see.

Agreed.  I would be extremely pleased by that.

#7 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, I agree this announcement totally knocked my socks off.  Whether or not it will be a purchase remains to be seen, I'm not particularly fond of Chaos but I admit they have plenty of RP potential.  For the most part I'm surprised the game has actually expanded beyond the intended trilogy and produced this.  Now the question remains... how will this interconnect with the original three RPGs and the metric ton of players handbooks, published adventures, and setting supplements?

#8 AkumaKorgar

AkumaKorgar

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

Long time Chaos fan, so really this whole thing has me psyched. I'm wondering how much detail they'll go into on Chaos Space Marines to begin with. I'll be thrilled if they eventually put out a sourcebook covering the Legion, though. :D

#9 Sister Callidia

Sister Callidia

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

This really came as a surprise for me.
I am wondering what else is in store?

Green Power! The eco Warriors who say Waagh

Silent Meditation! A game of enigmatic Aliens and the riddle of the Wrathbone

To serve the Queen! Tyranids on the loose

Oh the possibilities.

#10 Drake56

Drake56

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

i had to a double take lol especially as have been a chaos player since i started the tt 22 yrs ago lol this remind sme of the old Realms Of Chaos books where you made your warband and duked it out to earn your demonhood bring on the Word Bearers

#11 Vendettar

Vendettar

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

I would like to see FFG fix the errors in their current games and bring interessting Stuff for them and increades quality standards for missprints instead of bumping a new RPG every year!

Serieously, who needs that?

#12 newo

newo

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

Well this game might have come under the radar but this has got me psyched for the 40K setting once again.

#13 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

Blindsided by this one, in a very happy way that its coming out. Worst comes to worst I'll use it to make the meanest NPC's ever :)

#14 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

Dark Heresy, Deatchwatch, Rogue Trader..now this. Are they really need to be all NEW standalone RPG systems, with tons of additional books?

with errors, missprints etc. 60 bucks , heh

#15 Drake56

Drake56

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

if you dont want it dont buy it then i plan on because i love chaos in tt

#16 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:01 AM

Im not saying I will not buy it. I`m just wondering of a purpose of new system, instead of huge addon for those that already exist...

#17 MILLANDSON

MILLANDSON

Playtester

• Members
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

It's come in under the radar because all the people involved, myself included, had to go to FFG's secret temple and take part in a ritual over an eight-pointed star alter, where we were anointed in the blood of servants of the False Emperor, and in being sworn to secrecy, had our tongues branded with the names of the Chaos Gods.

And then came.... the dreaded legal documentation!

~Yea, Tho I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil~

Posts/views/opinions are in no way representative of FFG, and are entirely my own.

#18 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

Golgenna Grenadier said:

It is a stand alone game, so far those have received their own forums thus far.

I actually mean't that FFG had initially put it in the roleplaying games forum sub section rather than the RPGs sub section, but they've moved it now.

Roleplaying games sub section is still there strangely, but now has nothing in it....

#19 Red Die Guy

Red Die Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Wow. Just WOW.

I never had any inkling anyhting like this was in the pipeline! And judging by the general reaction on here, neither were the rest of the community.

This is what I love about FFG; always pushing higher and higher (I'd akin it to addiction, chasing the next fix but this is a family site and quite wholesome so I shall not mention such things...oh). Although White Wolf Publishing should get kudos for breaking away from orthodox protagonists.

Celebration! Who wouldn't like the option of expanding the 40k rpg experience? I for one will be getting this (not addicted, no). I quite like the idea of the snivelling, back stabbing cultist turned warp tainted, soul consuming sorcerer!

#20 Frostfire

Frostfire

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

keltheos said:

Coming 2015...

DA WAAAGH! (a 40k RPG)

Just wishin'.

Roleplaying as an Ork in a mob:

Yeah. Everybody's seen it.  Doesn't mean it's not funny and applicable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS