It looks like scenario 5 is only one with trouble and they have a FAQ on the way, but until then here is they email they sent me with the fixes.
I am currently compiling a brief FAQ for this game. Scenario 5 was the only one with issues, so let me give you the complete rundown:
1) Instead of using "Blood Pact", you should use "Nameless Cults". Note that this is one of the random cards that will be placed out after seeding the specific rooms.
2) In addition, the Freezer's Seed Card instructions should read:
• 1B: Nothing of Interest, Opening the Gate
• 2A and 1A/1C: Whatley’s Diary, Dreadful Passage
• 2B and 1A/1C: Ceremonial Skull, Dreadful Passage
3) The Gallery and Tower room both need to be rotated on the map so that their doors line up with the adjacent rooms (as noted in the game's insert).
4) Note that the the second sentence on the "Witchcraft" card should read “Action: You may discard 1 Mythos or Trauma card to gain 1 Threat.” (The keeper may NOT discard as many cards as he wants to gain threat).
Good luck, and I hope you have fun tomorrow!
VP of Research and Development
Fantasy Flight Games
I'm glad they responded with fixes.... however:
1) "Nameless Cults" is already one of the cards listed to use. I think they meant instead of "Blood Pact" to use "Crowbar" since that's one of the cards required but isn't listed here.
Also I was left with 11 exploration cards after setup, but 13 empty rooms. I redid the setup twice to see if I made a mistake, but I couldn't figure it out. (I had a similar problem with a prior story where I was left with 6 empty rooms but only 5 cards. In that case I just added another Nothing of Interest card. However in this scenario, all 10 are already in use, so I wasn't sure what to throw in for the last 2 rooms.)
Maybe after a break with some other games, I can come back to this story and try setting it up again to see if I can figure it out.