Photo

When launching vipers from command, instead of activating two vipers can you activate one twice?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thesilentblade006

Thesilentblade006

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

In a recent game, I was in the minority. I felt you could only use the "command" location  to activate up to 2 vipers once per action. My friends had read the rules and faqs as meaning you had two activations per action: meaning you could either activate two vipers once or activate one viper twice. They quoted the faq to cement their side of the argument: Q:Can a person use the "command" location to launch a viper and then move or attack with the same viper? A: Yes. There is no limit to the number of times an unmanned viper may be activated per turn. They took it to mean you get 2 activations per action to spend how you want. I saw this as just saying in the event that you have two actions to use on the same turn, like when you're already in the "command" location and someone uses an "Executive Order" skill card on you, you can use both actions to activate the same ship(s). If I could get an answer from a representative of fantasy flight I would appreciate it. That is really the only source that I think they or I will be satisfied with to settle this dispute.

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

I am not a representative of FFG, but I will guarantee you that the answer is "yes."  (Furthermore, you can use Apollo's OPG to activate the same viper 6 times.)  I know you're waiting to hear something official, but maybe this'll tide you over at least a little between now and then.

#3 Kushiel

Kushiel

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

Thesilentblade006 said:

If I could get an answer from a representative of fantasy flight I would appreciate it. That is really the only source that I think they or I will be satisfied with to settle this dispute.

FFG employees don't generally post to these boards. To get a direct answer, you'll need to use the "Rules Questions" link at the bottom of the page.

But for what it's worth, Holy Outlaw is right.

#4 Periculum

Periculum

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

We interpret it in our group as being the same as Lee's OPG. I'd sure hope that FFG would agree that you'd be able to activate one viper twice as that has been the only way we could save civilian ships on many occasions since the cylon fleet came into play.

#5 ronsen_04

ronsen_04

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Yes.

• Using the action of the Command location means you get to activate up to 2 vipers one or more times to the extend that the total amount of activations does not exceed 2.
  • Using Lee "Apollo" Adama's once per game ability "CAG" means you can activate any amount of up to 6 vipers one or more times to the extend that the total amount of activations does not exceed 6.
  • Using the CAG title card in the Exodus expansion enables you to activate up to 4 vipers one or more times to the extend that the total amount of activations does not exceed 4.

#6 James McMurray

James McMurray

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

ronsen_04 said:

• Using the CAG title card in the Exodus expansion enables you to activate up to 4 vipers one or more times to the extend that the total amount of activations does not exceed 4.

That's not what the card does.

#7 James McMurray

James McMurray

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:43 PM

Periculum said:

We interpret it in our group as being the same as Lee's OPG. I'd sure hope that FFG would agree that you'd be able to activate one viper twice as that has been the only way we could save civilian ships on many occasions since the cylon fleet came into play.

They do, it's in the FAQ.

Q: Can a player use the “Command” location to launch a viper and then move or attack with the same viper?

A: Yes. There is no limit to the number of times an unmanned viper may be activated per turn.

#8 Fryd Pickles

Fryd Pickles

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

The wording is completely wrong and throws a lot of people off, but the official FAQ clarifies that you may spend 2 activations on one viper.  They should have had an "or" statement on the board in my opinion.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS