April 15th?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 thefoehammer

thefoehammer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

I am seeing on one of the distributors sites that I use to track upcoming releases a release date of April 15th. They are usually fairly accurate.

So I guess as some of us are not looking forward to mailing our taxes in that day we can balance it by looking forward to digging into this game for the first time. 

#2 gaijin79

gaijin79

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

That would be a nice present on tax day.

#3 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

heck yes! I wish I knew the card distribution of the core set. I'm buying at least two, but it'd be nice to get a list.  Hopefully once the rules are up... :D 

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

That's my last day of work before I get laid off.

#5 Saintsman

Saintsman

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Tax Day this year is April 18th.  True story.

#6 scottindeed

scottindeed

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

I started out really excited for this game, then sort of forgot about it....  Now reading up on all the news i missed and am really excited again!  Roll on April.

#7 NightGoblinShaman

NightGoblinShaman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Really looking forward to trying out this game.  I just hope that the time waiting for it to come out is made up by an excellent game.

#8 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:27 AM

Has someone heared any official release date news?

Becouse I only heraed a rumour that it should be avaliable at 19th april 2011 but it's not confirmed.

#9 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

thefoehammer said:

I am seeing on one of the distributors sites that I use to track upcoming releases a release date of April 15th. 

Link?

#10 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

TheDukester said:

thefoehammer said:

I am seeing on one of the distributors sites that I use to track upcoming releases a release date of April 15th. 

Link?

Here's the link from the German publisher's site:

www.heidelbaer.de/de/nc/einzelansicht-spiel/spiel/der_herr_der_ringe_kartenspiel/

It says April (, though not necessarily 15th).

According to the German forum, translation of the Core game is finished, the German rules pdf is ready to be uploaded (they're waiting for FFG to put the English version up first), Adventure Packs have either already been translated or are currently being translated, and last week the game was demonstrated using the (self-printed) product version of the Core set.

#11 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

On other hand, I know that it will be avaliable in Europe on May 2011 - the news is from yesterday. I know it from my FLGS (Rebel.pl) and they got an official replay from FFG about the release date. So this must be true!

Besides it's finaly in pre-order so I just bought my a copy of the core set and the first Adventure Pack.

#12 servant of the secret fire

servant of the secret fire

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

ffgfan said:

On other hand, I know that it will be avaliable in Europe on May 2011 - the news is from yesterday. I know it from my FLGS (Rebel.pl) and they got an official replay from FFG about the release date. So this must be true!

Besides it's finaly in pre-order so I just bought my a copy of the core set and the first Adventure Pack.

I think i hate you for this comment :P April 15 was a better and closer date but what can you do?My old Gandalf deck (lotr tcg) will torture my friends Nazguls 15 more days :P

#13 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

ffgfan said:

On other hand, I know that it will be avaliable in Europe on May 2011 - the news is from yesterday.

Of course, it will be available in May 2011 - unless it's already sold out after being released in April!

#14 thefoehammer

thefoehammer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:55 AM

Here is the link to the GTS Distribution site where I saw it. They have it listed under their Boxed Games category instead of Card Games for the first release. I imagine they will change this once the chapter packs start coming out since Ctuthlu, Game of Thrones and Warhammer Invasion are all listed that way.

www.gamus.com/CR/Upcoming_by_category.html

#15 LobstaJohnson

LobstaJohnson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

I am going all "Runebound" on this one...already told my game guy that I want every expansion until further notice.   This is the game I've been waiting for!

Exciting things about this game include:

1) It's LotR

2) it's constructable, but not "collectible" (i.e., it's a LCG!  yay!)

3) it's Fantasy Flight

4) it's COOPERATIVE

I am so excited about this game I can't stand it!  ha!

#16 servant of the secret fire

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

LobstaJohnson said:

I am going all "Runebound" on this one...already told my game guy that I want every expansion until further notice.   This is the game I've been waiting for!

Exciting things about this game include:

1) It's LotR

2) it's constructable, but not "collectible" (i.e., it's a LCG!  yay!)

3) it's Fantasy Flight

4) it's COOPERATIVE

I am so excited about this game I can't stand it!  ha!

No1 its enough for me to play this game I just hope it will be a nice game cause my other option is lotr miniatures and its not popular in Greece.

Ofcourse lotr war in the north will come sometime in 2011 but a video game gets boring very fast and i dont even know if it will be a decent game.

#17 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Ok, so it's updated. Lotr LCG is on the boat! WOW!!!!!

#18 servant of the secret fire

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:14 AM

ffgfan said:

Ok, so it's updated. Lotr LCG is on the boat! WOW!!!!!

That means we can have it before April 15th???

#19 Bohemond

Bohemond

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

We are still several weeks (4-6) away if it just got on the boat. 

#20 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

Bohemond said:

We are still several weeks (4-6) away if it just got on the boat. 

Yes, so I would still think that end of April or beggining of May 2011 is more  likely then 15th April. We must also count 7-10 day for the shipping.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS