I just got finished playing the game at Labyrinth Games & Puzzles in D.C.
Thi s game was very fun, here are my initial thoughts:
- No, the map pieces do not lay perfectly flat, but it did not affect game play at all.
- Figures look great, as do the map and pieces.
- We had 5 players. With this many investigators, the Keeper should not hold back. (Our Keeper killed our Nun, but we still won the game.)
- For the first game, with 5 players, the game only took us 3 hours, so it seemed to play faster than Descent.
- Even thought the game seems to not be combat heavy, due to our story and the Keepers objective, we were doing a lot of combat.
- A few questions on rules:
- How does Darkness affect Fire and vice versa? We had a situation where a Zombie who was on fire ran into a room that was under Darkness. Is the room still dark? We then damaged it, and the room started on Fire, is it still Dark? If the Keeper implements Darkness on a room that is on Fire, does it cease to be on Fire?
- What are the limits and constraints on Uncontrollable Urge? Can the Keeper make an Investigator attack another Investigator? Can the Keeper make an Investigator heal a monster/minion? Drop an Item? Which items cannot be used?
- Is there a limit on how many tissue samples a monster/minion can take from a single investigator? Is there a limit to how many tissue samples a single minion/monster can carry?
Thanks to Kathleen at Labyrinth Games for setting this up, and to Steve, Andrew, Andy, Daniel, and Justin for playing.