Rules for the Game

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 joe_monk

joe_monk

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

So, hypothetically, someone should have scanned pdfs of the game rules, if they will be participating this weekend at a local game shop. However, I doubt they would want to to post them until someone from FFG gives the go ahead. *hint hint*

#2 joe_monk

joe_monk

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Just to clarify, I am in no way posting the above message to encourage the illegal use of products protected by copyright, but simply stating that should the copyright holders (FFG) give the thumbs up to post the rules, then hypothetical person would be able to post the rules.

#3 ntrails

ntrails

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

I am with you. I thought that FFG was all about releasing the rules for their games a little early to help gamers dicide on what games to pre-order. (Not that I needed any help with that, since I have already pre-ordered it from amazon )  Well, if you are really in need for a rules fix you can always watch the preview video in 720p and pause it as they flip through the first bit of the rules and zoom in on the screen. I was able to glen quiet a bit after going through it a few times.

#4 Talos

Talos

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

Actually, after seeing the excellent component review at BGG by Drakkenstrike, I started to wonder if maybe the rules PDFs were going to be a good idea as there are so many spoilers to be had in the Keeper's guide. It may be that FFG only make the Investigators guide available, and leave the Keeper's guide forbidden knowldege (as it should be).

Still anything is better than nothing and I would REALLY love to see anything in the way of rules for the game. Still nearly a month to wait... Time moves so slowly sometimes...

#5 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

Talos said:

Still nearly a month to wait... Time moves so slowly sometimes...

and time can do so much
are you still on preorder?
I need this Game
I need this Game
FFG speed This Game to me

OD (with apologies to the Rightous Brothers)

A Dwarf in Winter

#6 MQCDoc

MQCDoc

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

FFG told the rules might be online last week but it seems not.. maybe this week?

#7 causeitwasfunny

causeitwasfunny

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:28 AM

Talos said:

It may be that FFG only make the Investigators guide available, and leave the Keeper's guide forbidden knowldege (as it should be).

I'm sure that'll be the case.  If you pull up the rules for Descent they don't include the different scenarios, only the rules.

#8 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:12 AM

Ask, and you shall receive:

http://www.fantasyfl...adnessLoRes.pdf

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#9 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

Excellent!

I found a few things we did wrong in the demo game I played Sunday, now that I've been able to read the rules.

#10 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

Finally! Can't wait the week-end to come to be able to read them :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#11 Mr. K

Mr. K

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

It all looks very exciting!  I particularly like the look of the Trauma cards, and the Status Effect tokens are intruiging.

I hope the wait will be over soon!

K xx

#12 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

Julia said:

Finally! Can't wait the week-end to come to be able to read them :-)

I think you're going to love this one. Our playgroup played six games this weekend for the preview event, and I'm looking forward to playing more games. It's a great game, and quickly made it onto my favorite game lists.

#13 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

@JJ: I just started skimming the rules :-) I think you're right :-) It has a great potential. Hopefully, we're all witnessing the birth of a long and prolific line of games :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#14 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Now the only missing piece is the Keeper Guide.

I would have preferred if there were more than just five different stories in the 'Starter' Set. I wonder how soon we'll see the first expansion?

Hopefully, it'll be easy to come up with your own stories.

#15 Mr. K

Mr. K

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

jhaelen said:

...and other related content.

Strange Eons, I'm looking at you

K xx

#16 VTSvsAlucard

VTSvsAlucard

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

jhaelen said:

It won't be hard I'd say, and you could easily tweak some of the keeper cards (such as Maniac attack) to be focused on your story. If nothing else you could make your own clue cards to put on the board, or pass out as a replacement when they enter the right room.

Expansions are doubtless, and there's so much they could work with from the keeper cards to new monsters to new clues and new tiles.

#17 el Igore

el Igore

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

jhaelen said:

Now the only missing piece is the Keeper Guide.

I don't think they will put the Keeper rules online. It would be to much of a spoiler for Investigator players.

And I think the general rules are enough to get a feeling for the game when you are undecided.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS