The Daily Empire Thread

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

I decided to put up a blog for WFRP3. Nothing fancy. Just easily browsed "starters kit" with "what to watch and what to read", most important links and naturally a download section. For this I would need links to the files that you would like to be uploaded and little C&C. I'm doing this from work mainly  so it may take some time. You can already see the WIP at HERE.

At least now commenting on the site is closed as previously it just lead to a boat load of spam.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#2 Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

Nice blog!

Do you think that in the future you may allow contributors?

Also for the Spam issue: can you put in a comment setting to use a CAPTCHA? That might solve the problem...

#3 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:18 AM

1) Yes. I'll most definitely allow contributions. As soon as I figure out how to allow them... :) I would even like to recruit willing minions as moderators as I think it would mean even more things to publish. (This was a nod towards you Emirikol ;) )

2) Not sure about that either. I suppose there could be a plugin for it. It'll try to search one.

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#4 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:55 AM

Good stuff.   I watched the Restoration movie the other day and found the vivisection part kind of disturbing..then the logical part of me got going into carditis and massive infection and it ruined the feeling ;)

BTW, for loading up your drafts of stuff, dropbox has free uploads and downloads without the sribd/mediafire-type pains btw.  I use it for my non-maptool related WFRP stuff and work stuff as well (including long-term backups). I think you get a couple gb of space and can link it to any computer directly or just access from the website.

www.dropbox.com/referrals

Jay H

#5 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

UPDATE: 

Some new post (hopefully I'll build the movie list today) and possibly working CAPTCHA for comments.

#6 Rorschach Six

Rorschach Six

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

doc_cthulhu said:

and possibly working CAPTCHA for comments.

I highly recommend Akismet to manage comment spam. It works pretty well for the RDP site.

#7 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:06 AM

Akismet didn't work for me for some reason (possibly because I'm not so great with Wordpress to begin with...)

#8 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:31 AM

Updated movie list and create one for background music too.

I know I've only started but is there something you would like to see?

I was entertaining a thought about reviews about the gaming components but as I tend to struggle with writing long texts in English I even thought about "recruiting" someone for doing them. That being said I'm more than happy to publish things that anyone has written. Given that they're actually useful for players of WFRP. 

#9 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

(I hate not being able to edit!)

Andy Law gave permission to link his preview of upcoming (insanely) detailed map of Empire. And the preview is of Reikland! Check it out HERE.

#10 Angelic Despot

Angelic Despot

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

Wow...   That is pretty awesome...

Did he say when the whole thing would be finished?

#11 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath while while waiting... :D

#12 schoon

schoon

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

Great stuff - love the flowcharts!

#13 No.12

No.12

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:29 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the map. Its lovely.

Its so lovely it brings out the anally obsessive plot fits with map in me!

#14 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

There is something quite interesting in my last post... If your a WFRP book fanatic it should get you interested. Quite possibly drooling. ;)

Check it HERE.

#15 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

hell nice!!!!

cant wait

#16 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

Nice gig you got there Doc Cthulhu. If you want to accept fan materials I got several of them laying arround (some where uploaded on old Hammerzeit, and others are new).

But if you thinking of doing so, let me know and I will upload them to you.

good work and good gaming.

#17 Llanwyre

Llanwyre

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

What a wonderful resource! Thank you for taking the time to put it together and keep it up to date!

#18 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Mal Reynolds said:

Nice gig you got there Doc Cthulhu. If you want to accept fan materials I got several of them laying arround (some where uploaded on old Hammerzeit, and others are new).

But if you thinking of doing so, let me know and I will upload them to you.

good work and good gaming.

I got the impression that next LF is almost full but if you would like send your material to me at doc_cthulhu (at) hotmail (dot) com and I upload them on Daily Empire.

I would like to add that the sneak peak is NOT made by me. Only served with permission.

#19 Herr Arnulfe

Herr Arnulfe

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

doc_cthulhu said:

I got the impression that next LF is almost full but if you would like send your material to me at doc_cthulhu (at) hotmail (dot) com and I upload them on Daily Empire.

I believe Emirikol (Jay Hafner) is already collecting proposals for LF IX, but it doesn't have a lead editor yet, and the theme is still TBD.

#20 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

well I am ready to start working on LF IX, but basically the things I got is smaller articles that previously was updated to Hammerzeit, like Expanded Equipment list, A chart of all the provinces in the Empire. along with some new things I am working on.

Doc Cthulhu, I can send you all the materials that was previously sent to Hammerzeit. It's nothing too fancy, but if you want to use them, great. Later I will send the new materials I am working on.

good gaming

Rikard

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS