Jump to content



Photo

Will FFG ever have TtD back in print?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 hahnarama

hahnarama

    Member

  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

As far as I can tell it's been backordered for as long as I can rememeber.

 

 



#2 jgbaxter

jgbaxter

    Member

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

With their recent licencing rights on other products this is probably not a priority, thank-fully there are plenty of copies available online from bgg and ebay. :)

 

It's on my list of things to get an extra copy for in case I wear mine out. ;)



#3 Antigoth

Antigoth

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

I'm lucky... I can play with my friends TtD!

 



#4 David Spangler

David Spangler

    Member

  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:24 AM

Yes, I wasn't sure whether to get this game, but I did, and it turned out to be one of my wife's favorites.



#5 jadrax

jadrax

    Member

  • Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

hahnarama said:

As far as I can tell it's been backordered for as long as I can rememeber.

 

 

The fact that, unlike some other FFG games, it still has a forum - has to be encouraging.



#6 frouvne

frouvne

    Member

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:59 AM

You may also keep an eye open for the german version with the title Durch die Wüste since the game is language-independant.



#7 Hendal

Hendal

    Member

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

 No Clue Han?

 

  But it is popular at BGG, it sure sounds fun, another Knizia game I need to get 



#8 hahnarama

hahnarama

    Member

  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

Hendal said:

 No Clue Han?

 

  But it is popular at BGG, it sure sounds fun, another Knizia game I need to get 

 

My wife found a copy at my FLGS on 12/24. She got it for $21 !!!  SCORE



#9 Lindsey

Lindsey

    Member

  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

If you have the choice and the shelf space to store it, the original version is a bit nicer than Fantasy Flight's. 



#10 Alexca1

Alexca1

    Member

  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

So, no idea on when I have to wait till I can get my own copy? My local hobby store doesn't have it. I dunno if I should wait for a reprint or get one now.



#11 elektra

elektra

    Member

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

     Yes, the original copy is much nicer than FFG's.  I have a friend who has the original, which I like better.  I bought the FFG version a couple months ago and wasn't really impressed.  For one thing, the color of the camels, particularly the green and blue are almost the same color, so its hard to differentiate between the two.  One friend in my game club is color blind, so this isn't a very good feature. 

     If my memory is correct, my friend's version has very bright camel colors, so its much easier to tell.  They aren't these really light pastel colors where the blue and green are practically the same.  In fact, my copy had two sets of the blue camels, so I had to contact FFG to get a set of green camels.  They sent me a blue set the first time, and so when i contacted them again, they only sent like 5 green camels.  I still need to contact them about getting a complete set of green camels.  Hmmm......I should of asked them about that when I emailed them before about getting replacement camels.  I can inquire when I contact them regarding my replacement camels, and let you know what I find out. 



#12 Nghtflame7

Nghtflame7

    Member

  • Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

elektra said:

     Yes, the original copy is much nicer than FFG's.  I have a friend who has the original, which I like better.  I bought the FFG version a couple months ago and wasn't really impressed.  For one thing, the color of the camels, particularly the green and blue are almost the same color, so its hard to differentiate between the two.  One friend in my game club is color blind, so this isn't a very good feature. 

     If my memory is correct, my friend's version has very bright camel colors, so its much easier to tell.  They aren't these really light pastel colors where the blue and green are practically the same.  In fact, my copy had two sets of the blue camels, so I had to contact FFG to get a set of green camels.  They sent me a blue set the first time, and so when i contacted them again, they only sent like 5 green camels.  I still need to contact them about getting a complete set of green camels.  Hmmm......I should of asked them about that when I emailed them before about getting replacement camels.  I can inquire when I contact them regarding my replacement camels, and let you know what I find out. 

Wow. Generally I have found FF's customer service for issues like this to be the best of any game company I have ever dealt with. Actually, I think they are the best of ANY type of company I have dealt with.



#13 Fading Captain

Fading Captain

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

Bump!  Any word on the re-release date for this?  This is one that I really want.  Hurry up and wait. . .

 

 



#14 elektra

elektra

    Member

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Nghtflame7 said:

elektra said:

 

     Yes, the original copy is much nicer than FFG's.  I have a friend who has the original, which I like better.  I bought the FFG version a couple months ago and wasn't really impressed.  For one thing, the color of the camels, particularly the green and blue are almost the same color, so its hard to differentiate between the two.  One friend in my game club is color blind, so this isn't a very good feature. 

     If my memory is correct, my friend's version has very bright camel colors, so its much easier to tell.  They aren't these really light pastel colors where the blue and green are practically the same.  In fact, my copy had two sets of the blue camels, so I had to contact FFG to get a set of green camels.  They sent me a blue set the first time, and so when i contacted them again, they only sent like 5 green camels.  I still need to contact them about getting a complete set of green camels.  Hmmm......I should of asked them about that when I emailed them before about getting replacement camels.  I can inquire when I contact them regarding my replacement camels, and let you know what I find out. 

 

 

Wow. Generally I have found FF's customer service for issues like this to be the best of any game company I have ever dealt with. Actually, I think they are the best of ANY type of company I have dealt with.

Yes, that is what I've heard from lots of people.  That's the first time I had to deal with their customer service.  However, it was around Christmas last year that this happened, so I'm sure they were swamped with the holiday season, so I wasn't too uspet.  In the end, I got my camels.



#15 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

    Member

  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

It's on the upcoming page, now. It doesnt list a date, but it is on the way.



#16 HauRuck

HauRuck

    Member

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

My wife and family love the FFG version and often beg to play it.  It is our most played Silver Line Game by far (Even over Citadels).  Nice to see they are reprinting it as I often recommend it to others now.



#17 JoeF

JoeF

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

So FFG finally announced a re-print of Through The Desert.  Day late and a dollar short for me.  I just literally a week ago purchased the KOSMOS edition off of e-Bay.  Sorry FFG, leaving  a great game out of print for too long equals fail.


http://www.waaaghcast.net

-A Warhammer Fantasy Blog/Podcast


#18 Alexca1

Alexca1

    Member

  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

JoeF is right, FFG. You don't leave a great game like Through the Desert out of print long like that. You don't do that to Arkham Horror or its expansion gone for long, why this? Anyway, I can't wait to get it, now that I know it's a fan favourite!



#19 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

    Member

  • Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

Agh, this is killing me! I really want this game, but this reprint is taking forever. Through The Desert is still listed as "on the boat" which means it could still be a while longer. I want those camels! ;)

With the Kosmos edition that some people have mentioned, what are the specific differences between that and the FFG version? I heard that the camels are maybe more brightly colored? Anything else different?



#20 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

We got an email from FFG that this game is to be re-released in February. Looking forward to it, as I love the game and I've wanted a copy for as long as its been oop.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS