Tournament updates download the new pdf same like

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

So they added the 2 rocket squads and how many points per board. The only thing I see wrong with it is that the points are out of wack. Axis cost for 1 of everything in 9 squad tournament is 199 while the allies are 197. Personally I think they need to even that out or something if the game is already balanced then why not just make the each unit and its opposite nation counterpart the same points. It would make things easier and balanced for tournaments

#2 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

Yes the boxed game armies are balanced but not on a unit to unit basis. As a whole the two armies are balanced but the units do not balance out 1 vs 1.

#3 TylerT

TylerT

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Why do you want to take one of everything? I thought the whole idea behind the points is they would allow players to use radical armies? if your taking one of everything on both sides then just use the standard points right?

#4 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

Well also there is not force organization so if some one wants to they chould just take 5 ludwigs or 5 pounders. I think for tournament theyre need to be something to prevent that otherwise its more like bullying at a distance which i could totally do if I wanted to.

#5 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

I ment 1 of everything bc all most ppl either have the box set as of right now or just the expansion boxes and if you read the tourny rules you need the card for everyone of the unit you take so you can't buy 2 box sets and 1 rocket squad box and use 2 bot hunters you need 2 bot hunter boxes but if you buy just expansion boxes then you dont have any tanks yet. For now most people are going to bring one of everything until operation Cyclone.

#6 TylerT

TylerT

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

the truth is one or two points in two higher point cost systems don't really matter when comparing army sizes (so an army of 157 points vs 160). so if the combination of funtionality you want comes out five points under the 200 limit, don't sweat it.

as for if the new points are balanced? I can only judge that through play. speculation does not really get anyone anywhere. i would like to play against an all armor army, sounds like fun.

#7 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:04 AM

One side takes only walkers and the other side gets to benefit from soft and hard cover and will slowly take out every tank.

Taking an army of just tanks (walkers/bots) doesn't mean you win by default. Even with the 2 and 4ap values that army would be a lot smaller than an infantry force.*

*please note I'm not saying that you can't win with a tank army, there is more to it than just showing up with the most expensive models.

#8 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

I'm not saying that you would win or lose either with the 5 walkers. I am just saying all I would have to do is sit back and fire and make you come to me. I just think it need a compository list. Something like 40k where there is a minimum control but the maximum control is up to you. In 40k that seems to work out well, b/c the 1 hq and 2 troop requirement allows people to no make broken armies and allows tournaments to be fun for everyone not just one side. I think like 2 troops requirement would be a good core for now or something.

#9 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

yea i think they will  make army requirements because when the planes come out an all plane army would prolly be op

#10 CombatRanger

CombatRanger

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

You guys have to remember this game is in its infancy . . . we are lucky to be a part of it . . .  and will probably influence (inadvertantly, maybe) the direction the game grows.  FFG and Dust Tactic teams have already addressed the point cost of units and will address others as they arise.  This game has a ton of potential and the direction it could go is limited- less.  So lets be constructive in our criticism and help the game grow.

#11 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

CombatRanger said:

You guys have to remember this game is in its infancy . . . we are lucky to be a part of it . . .  and will probably influence (inadvertantly, maybe) the direction the game grows.  FFG and Dust Tactic teams have already addressed the point cost of units and will address others as they arise.  This game has a ton of potential and the direction it could go is limited- less.  So lets be constructive in our criticism and help the game grow.

wat in here isnt constructive if we bring up problems it alerts ffg to somethin they may have missed and therefore help them to eventually fix the problem

#12 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

But combatranger it isnt int infancy only in the models and gameplay itself is it in infancy. Paolo Parente has been developing this game for 10 years and I was told the game is pretty much complete just waiting on release dates. They are prob working on new expansions no one has see yet. I am not bashing the game at all just the tournament style seems to me to be put thrown together being that they made an update in only like 3 days of it being put out. Plus the game would not be put out if it was in infancy they would make him spend another 10 years developing it. They are also prob making sure that it doesnt end up like confrontation or at-43.

#13 TylerT

TylerT

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:16 AM

javascript:void(0);/*1297271402654*/ this links to a very well written post about giving feedback.

read that and apply it. 

#14 CombatRanger

CombatRanger

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

ark,

PP has spent 10 years developing the history and the models for Dust, not designing or playtesting the game mechanics.  I'm sure he spent plenty of time researching the history of the WW2, because there was an actual Vrill society . . . that whoever controlled Vrill energy could control the world.  Also, the Soviet Super Soldier program tried to merge humans with apes . . . but instead of getting the best of both entities . . . it got the worst.  So a lot of his ideas are based on real speculation.  So it wasn't "poof" here the game 10 years ago . . . it was I have a dream and let me put that dream on paper and that takes time

#15 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:38 AM

SO, the Ludwig vs. Pounder

Both are worth 40 points, Against tanks, The Ludwig gets 7 dice x2 against 4 armour tanks along with the MG48 for ani infantry. While the punder gets one shot against 4 armour tanks with 6 dice, a .50 cal and a .30 cal. ohh and jump. How does this make the pounder able to stand toe to toe with the ludwig. In many of the games I play if both sides took X amount of points, they should be even. I do not see this as the case. 

Now this is all under the assumption that the Ludwig does get 2 shots and the stat line is each cannon by its self. Now if the stat line is combined cannons then I can see the how they may be even. Does anyone else agree with this. 

#16 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

No if you read the rules for the cards each card is for one model or one unit. This means the Ludwig only gets 1 shot for example look at the promo Loth it has 2 arm stats on its card so there for that mean there are 2 seperate shots. The Luwig only has 1 stat line so it mean it only gets 1 shot. Funny thing about the Loth I assaulted 2 units with in bc they are 2 seperate weapons and can attack different units within range.

#17 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:12 AM

I see what you mean ark, but a basic troop card only has one line for their main weapon and no number in parenthesis to say how many they have and you have to fall back on the WYSIWYG rule and the Ludwig does have two weapons. I feel though going forward I will play it as one weapon because the other way with 2 guns seems way overpowered.

#18 The Weary Warrior

The Weary Warrior

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

FYI, If you read the fluff in the back of the scenario book, it talks about how the two arms of the Loth are synced together to fire as one. Like Ark stated it is ONE shot. Best to ya!

#19 TylerT

TylerT

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

the rule book says that Squads fire based on their remaing weapons where as tanks fire based on the items listed on their card (pg.12). it's a little odd, and my group made the same mistake of shooting twice when we first played. but thats the way it is, ludwig only gets one shot with it's big guns. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS