• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

The base set on the products page says its not yet available. Is that because there is a reprint coming for this game ? I'm just giving it a look as I am looking for a quick minis game.

#2 Lothiam

Lothiam

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

No reprint has been announced and very likely it would look different than the base game now.  However, FFG is planning to repurpose some French sets with new cards in English to be able to sell some that way.  If you can get a copy of the base set it is a great light mini's game.  My favorite!

#3 grubman

grubman

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'll just add that while the game is hard to get online these days, check your FLGS.  Many of the game stores I visit still have copies of the core game on thier shelves.

#4 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

would have to concur with grubman.  Look at your local gaming stores and call around as well.   Sure you might have to make quite a few calls (might want to start with the SMALLER ones first) but I bet you can still find the base game.

Also note there were TWO versions of the base game from DoW.   The first one had extra card holder (2 more) than the 2nd one did.  But that is really the only major difference between the 2.

Cab

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

So FFG has never released the base set since taking over the game license ?

#6 TheKingOfBlades

TheKingOfBlades

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

Toqtamish said:

So FFG has never released the base set since taking over the game license ?

That is correct. FFG has yet to reprint the base set in any shape or form

#7 Maroszek

Maroszek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

Definitely check your local game stores.  Back in August I was looking for this game, but hesitant as I didn't want to get involved with game that at the time the base set was pricey (for what I could find) and I wasn't sure I'd get the expansions due to availability.

I checked my hobby store (in Idaho of all places) and lo and behold they had a copy of the core/box set.  To my surprise and delight they had both the Dragon's and Creatures expansion sets next to.  The reason for my delight?

Wait...let me duck behind cover in case someone throws something at me....

The store owner said he couldn't move that product and wanted to clear itI got both the core set AND both of those expansions for $74.99...no joke.  Needless to say I was quite pleased with myself!!!

I've since tracked down a copy of all the expansions with the exception of the 100 year war.  And I only missed that one due to my stupidity...I thought for some reason it was a Westeross expansion pack for some reason and didn't snag the last copy listed off Amazon.

<SIGH> Oh well, I'll have to be astute and watch for the reprint that hopefully Fantasy Flight will put out.

#8 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:00 AM

And the reason for not doing so is based on cost, per FFG.  It would cost twice as much to do the same figures.   So I think once they are done with some of these expansions (and pulling some of those units from the base), there might be [just my opinion here] of a base core set but with quite less figures in it.

Cab

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS