When I Woke...?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Ok, I searched the Wiki of Ice and Fire and skimmed through the forums but I cant find an anwser. What is the Deal with When I Woke (PotS) ?

Its one of the World Champion cards and I have NO idea what it relates to. I like to think I have a pretty big, if not perfect, knowledge of details in the series and I honestly dont know what the card's title or flavour text reffers to. Can anyone help me out please?

#2 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

Refers to Stannis telling Davos about the dream he had of Renly dying. "It was a dream. I was in my tent when Renly died, and when I woke my hands were clean."

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

I think what's confusing is that the illustration has nothing to do with that scene.

#4 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Saturnine said:

I think what's confusing is that the illustration has nothing to do with that scene.

Ahhh yes, I think thats why I had no idea what was going on! Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I guess No One can keep Every Sentance from the books in their head at all times =P

#5 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

DerBarchen said:

Saturnine said:

I guess No One can keep Every Sentance from the books in their head at all times =P

Certainly not. I couldn't remember the "when I woke" passage either, so I googled it.

#6 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

Saturnine said:

Certainly not. I couldn't remember the "when I woke" passage either, so I googled it.

Ahh Google. It knows too much... *narrow eyes*

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS