Hey guys I am a very new player, just got the game 3-4 days ago. Just had a couple questions that came up in our first game.
1) I am playing as an evil aligned character and I land on a space and draw a card. That card is only usable by good aligned players(lets say holy grail). Obviously I cannot take that card with me, so is the card discarded or is the card dropped onto the space? Also, the next time I land on this space, knowing that I cannot take the grail, do I choose another card? or simply pick the grail up again(get burned by it's good energy) and drop it onto the space again? basically I guess my question is, is this space now "locked" until someone takes the grail?
2) Lets say the space "Oasis" has a marsh on it for the rest of the game. When I land on this space I would now only draw 2 cards instead of the normal 3 correct? With my first encounter being the marsh? And also, if the marsh is my first encounter and my strength is too low(which ends my turn) do I even draw the additional cards? If so are they left on the space when my turn ends due to low strength?
3) A space has a market on it but I do not want to buy anything(or have no gold). Do I have to encounter the market? or can I still encounter the space and draw a card? Or do I basically encounter the market and choose not to buy anything(basically like just browsing)?
4) I have the Hag as a follower. Her card reads that to get rid of her I must visit the Mystic. Does that mean that I do not need to roll for her in the Chasm? And if I do roll for her, does she still fall in even though the card states there in only the one way to get rid of her?
5) When do I trade in trophies? can this be done at the end of a turn after a creature has been defeated? or do I have to wait until the beginning of my next turn?
6) For cards like "spring of life". When I am the original character landing on a space and drawing this card do I take 1 life away from the total of four? Or is it basically like I found the the spring and the next player to find it gains a life? Same rule applies for like a spectre(I think) which waits around for an evil character to randomly give him +1 gold, life, craft, etc.? If I am evil and land on a space and draw the spectre do I instantly get the bonus? or do I have to land on the space another time?
7) Can someone please explain the Mephisolesis(spelling) card? I do not have the card in front of me at the moment but I believe it states that he takes you, or transports you to his realm(something like that). What exactly does this mean?
Thanks for all the help in advance guys. Really loving this game so far, hoping it will be that much more fun once I really get my understanding down.