Photo

Possible Warhammer Invasion tournament at the Telford Mini-con (U.K) 9th April 2011.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gamesloresteve

gamesloresteve

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

There is going to be a Mini-con (one day event) at Shifnal Village Hall, Aston Street, Shifnal, Telford, Shropshire TF11 8DW. The event will be a board and card games convention with a library of games, including many releases from last Year's Essen that are not even commonly available. So even if you don't fancy taking part in a tournament, but just want to play against some of the Warhammer Invasion fans we have here then come along.

What I would like to see is a Warhammer Invasion tournament if that is at all possible. There will be plenty of room in the hall and being centrally placed in the country (35 miles west of Birmingham and just 2 miles from J4 of the M54) is ideally located.

If there is enough interest for a tournament then Gameslore will supply a prize for the winner. The tournament would be a constructed deck within the usual rules (No more than 3 of a card, min of 50 cards etc) and depending on numbers, either a swiss style or round robin.

I would appreciate someone with experience in running these events coming forward to help. (and play )

If you are interested, let me know, more information about the Telford Mini-Con can be found on www.gameslore.com

My email is steve@gameslore.com or just reply using this forum. I'll be checking it on a regular basis.

Rgds

Steve

#2 tearmat

tearmat

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hi Steve,

There should 3 players who are willing to come along and take part in a tournament from Birmingham. I haven't run any tournaments for a while but do have a bit of experince organising and running events so if your stuck for some one to co-ordinate I'm sure you can twist my arm into it.

I'll email you my contact details.

Mark.

#3 gamesloresteve

gamesloresteve

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:17 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying, We do have 3 or 4 players based in Telford (that we know of) , so we only need a few more to have a reasonable amount. If you know of others within a reasonable travelling distance then let them know as well.

I appreciate the offer of help. As organiser of the whole event (not just the Warhammer: Invasion part of it) it would be very helpful to have someone who had previous experience.

Look forward to getting your email.

Rgds

Steve

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS