Best game ever?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

So is anyone ready to declare this the best game ever? I have played enough games of BSG now that it may very well be to me. I mean there's lots of games that I like, but currently I <3 BSG more than any of them. There's just something cool about floating through space on a starship with your friends, some of who might be treacherously sabotaging your every move.  Anyone else feel this way?

Now I just need to find more players around Erie, Pennsylvania who would be up for playing this game like multiple times every week.

#2 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:13 AM

Nope. It is still clearly beaten by AGoT. That game has the best mechanics for a wargame that I've ever played. The original had its faults, but get the Storm of Swords expansion, and it is tops.

I will add, however, that I'm seriously considering putting Battlestar Galactica in my number 3 position here on FFG's site, which will put it somewhere in my top 10 list of all the games I've played (probably somewhere around spot 7 of 150-200). I'm just holding off because it is so new and I'd like to play it another time or two before passing judgment.

So while not at the top, it certainly is really close.

I will say that this is by far the best cooperative game I've ever played (depending on the mood I'm in; Red November can be pretty awesome at times )

EDIT: And I should also add that I'm a super competative player, so am naturally biased against co-op games anyway.

#3 Trump

Trump

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Best game ever?  You need to get out more...   :)

Seriously, the gaming hobby is just too vast to be pointing at ANY game and calling it the best ever.  BSG is certainly one of FFG's best games... but that's one company.

Oh, and as a parting shot, AGoT was horrible and I can't recall when I was disappointed more with a game since I adore the books.  I have heard about expansions making it playable, but that's ridiculous.  Make a good game IN THE FIRST PLACE and then expand from there if you like.  Considering the prices of FFG products, you're already going out on a limb when you try a new game out.  Telling someone they need to buy multiple products and THEN they can have a good time... that's just low.

#4 Joram

Joram

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Trump said:

Best game ever?  You need to get out more...   :)

Seriously, the gaming hobby is just too vast to be pointing at ANY game and calling it the best ever.  BSG is certainly one of FFG's best games... but that's one company.

Oh, and as a parting shot, AGoT was horrible and I can't recall when I was disappointed more with a game since I adore the books.  I have heard about expansions making it playable, but that's ridiculous.  Make a good game IN THE FIRST PLACE and then expand from there if you like.  Considering the prices of FFG products, you're already going out on a limb when you try a new game out.  Telling someone they need to buy multiple products and THEN they can have a good time... that's just low.

Must... restrain... myself....

(it is plenty playable without any expansions whatsoever)

EDIT: And while it is impossible to point to one game and label it the best ever for all audiences and people, it is perfectly possible to point to a game as the best ever for yourself. So I think it is a perfectly reasonable question.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS