Reflection used as a Counterspell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:50 AM

Can the Reflection spell be used as a Counterspell?

For example, another character cast Acquisition on me and I cast Reflection but the caster doesn't have any items. In this case can you cast the Reflection since it will not affect the original caster? In the last game we agreed that the Reflection spell in this case will simply act as a Counterspell meaning it will not affect you but will also have no effect on the original caster.

What are your thoughts on this?

#2 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:37 AM

frogemoth said:

Can the Reflection spell be used as a Counterspell?

For example, another character cast Acquisition on me and I cast Reflection but the caster doesn't have any items. In this case can you cast the Reflection since it will not affect the original caster? In the last game we agreed that the Reflection spell in this case will simply act as a Counterspell meaning it will not affect you but will also have no effect on the original caster.

What are your thoughts on this?

The Reflection Spell in all aspects works exactly like a Counterspell, except that it turns back the original Spell onto the caster (regardless of whether or not it affects that particular character).

Ell.

#3 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:30 AM

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS