• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 v3biker

v3biker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:23 AM

Hi Guys, I have a few rules I would like to clear up: 

1)  Characters who have healing powers (the psychiatrist and the doctor):   I know the power only works if a character is in the same space as those characters, but do those powers still take effect if I am simply passing through their location (ie:  during movement)?   or do I simply have to end my movement in their location for those powers to happen? 

2)  When I draw a skill card that reads (ie:  +1 fight.   Text:  skill allows you one extra die when using clue tokens for fight checks),  does it mean that I get a +1 to my fight always, and whenever I decide to use a clue token for a fight check, I get to have an extra die as well?  

3)  This is just a general question, and I was wondering how everyone plays this ability: 

When I am playing Harvey the Prof, his special power is that he can reduce all sanity losses he suffers by one, but I associate spell sanity costs with sanity losses as well.   Is that how you guys play?  

Thanks for the help.

V3

#2 mageith

mageith

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

1)  Characters who have healing powers (the psychiatrist and the doctor):   I know the power only works if a character is in the same space as those characters, but do those powers still take effect if I am simply passing through their location (ie:  during movement)?   or do I simply have to end my movement in their location for those powers to happen? 

Mageith: I think the effect takes place in Upkeep, so no

2)  When I draw a skill card that reads (ie:  +1 fight.   Text:  skill allows you one extra die when using clue tokens for fight checks),  does it mean that I get a +1 to my fight always, and whenever I decide to use a clue token for a fight check, I get to have an extra die as well?  

Mageith: Good news.  There's two separate abilities there. So, yes, always +1 Fight and extra dice for fights

3)  This is just a general question, and I was wondering how everyone plays this ability: When I am playing Harvey the Prof, his special power is that he can reduce all sanity losses he suffers by one, but I associate spell sanity costs with sanity losses as well.   Is that how you guys play?  

Mageith: Bad news.  If that were so, he'd be almost half as powerful as Daisy the Librarian. That just wouldn't be right!  Actually there is a FAQ that spells out the difference between costs and losses.

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

mageith said:

Mageith: Bad news.  If that were so, he'd be almost half as powerful as Daisy the Librarian. That just wouldn't be right! 

Half indeed! GAAAAH !

*runs off to calm himself down

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 allstar64

allstar64

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

Dam said:

mageith said:

Mageith: Bad news.  If that were so, he'd be almost half as powerful as Daisy the Librarian. That just wouldn't be right! 

Half indeed! GAAAAH !

*runs off to calm himself down

Took the words right out of my mouth and even  put a poetic ring to them.

#5 mageith

mageith

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

Dam said:

Half indeed! GAAAAH !  *runs off to calm himself down

I was being conservative.  Sorry.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS