• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stormtrooper123

Stormtrooper123

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

I just bought the game and read the rule book. There is one question:

As far as I understand it, the trade count cannot drop below the coin count by researching. So let's say I have 6 or more coins and the exact same number of trade and want to pick up a level 1 tech. Can I basically take it for free?

I tried to look it up and it does not seem to violate any rule. There is just an example where coins are used to save surplus trade so that the full price for the tech has been paid.

#2 Admje14

Admje14

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

If I read your question correctly, then yes, you can get it for free.  The coins just are trade that when paying for a tech you are allowed to keep.  Keep in mind, though, you have to spend ALL of your trade when you buy a tech.  So, in the case where the number of coins you have equals the number of trade you have AND you have enough to pay for the tech, then you get your new tech and stay at the same trade level.

#3 Stormtrooper123

Stormtrooper123

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

thx, that answers my question ;)

#4 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Also keep in mind that having say 7 coins, 6 trade and researching a LVL 1 tech will NOT get you up to 7 trade since having coins may never increse your trade when researching. The X coins you have  simply lets you keep UP TO X trade.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#5 kcjones2000

kcjones2000

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Also while you gain coins by different means, you should remember that coins gained by a tile (there are only two) are kept only while you 'control' that tile. Should you lose that tile then you forfeit that coin. In case yoiu weren't aware.....

kcjones2000

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS