• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

Hello,everyone.

I recently played my 100th game of Arkham Horror since I have been tracking my games played on Boardgamegeek.com.

I was just wondering how many plays other fans of the game have??

#2 Mykayel

Mykayel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

Well, congratulations on your 100th game ^^ (you should take us out for beer or something :P)

Well, I don't really track all my games but my guess is I'm at about 40 something. I still haven't reached 100 (not even close) but I guess I will since I play this game more than any other board games I have or any other video game. The game was at first labeled by me and my friends as a NERD ONLY, but after I read about it, I opened my mind and bought the game and now I can't get enough of it (neighter can most of my friends) since the game is really well made. 

So anyway, bottom line, not at 100 yet, but I also don't have an expansion yet. (gonna buy 1 this month)

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Solid 72 games done, all even in the Stats database (a whole slew in the last batch, much to Tibs's delight  ). 72 being 6 rotations of AH + DH GOOs. Been a while since my last game, still in the gathering strength phase for another rotation.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Wow, 100 games is quite a lot, congrats! How many of these were solo games?

I'm no longer sure about the exact number but it's about 35-40 games. *I think* I've entered all of them in the statistics pages, but I might have forgotten it once or twice.

#5 Mawdrigen

Mawdrigen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

I think I'm in the Teens at the moment. I can see me getting to 100 though the game has really grabbed my group!

Congrats mate!

#6 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

Hmm. I've played 73 since getting Kingsport (since I've actually recorded my games since then on the stats page), and probably around 100 before Kingsport—those were not recorded. So 173, I estimate.

About half were solo. The vast majority of the other half were with one other person. Hope you've recorded your sessions on the stats page!!!

#7 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:15 AM

I have never played a game solo.

The minimum amount of investigators we use now is 3 and the minimum amount of players we play with is 2.

I have also never recorded any sessions and I dont think I ever will.

I recently picked up a tackle box to place all of the small tokens into and this makes the game much more portable.

Our group also has one day a month where we just play Arkham Horror all day.We start about 11 A.M. and dont stop until at least 11 P.M. We do this on the third saturday of every month.

I will never get sick of this game!!

#8 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:51 AM

diablo666 said:

I have never played a game solo.

The minimum amount of investigators we use now is 3 and the minimum amount of players we play with is 2.

By "solo" I meant "alone." Most of my games are 3- or 4-player.

diablo666 said:

Our group also has one day a month where we just play Arkham Horror all day.We start about 11 A.M. and dont stop until at least 11 P.M. We do this on the third saturday of every month.

I will never get sick of this game!!

I get those about twice a year when I visit NY. But no, I agree—Arkham's great, and that's how I've gotten nearly 200 games out of it. Even Carcassonne I almost wish I'd never heard of now. Catan will wear out its welcome. DOOM is great but I can't get anyone to play, and without new missions it gets stale. Puerto Rico, Agricola, and Power Grid are all good but lack some excitement.

But Arkham... I shall never tire of you! Just keep the small box expansions coming ad infinitum and we'll be fine like wine.

#9 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

Impossible to remember.  I was lucky enough to discover the game's existence in a San Diego game store somewhere outside of Comic-Con 2005 (which was apparently right around when it was initially released).  About 2-3 games a week as I introduced it to cultists, most of those played by myself.  Slowed to about 2 games a week after Dark Pharaoh came out.  Now it's a regular cycle based around Expansion releases: about 2-3 games a week once an expansion comes out (mostly solo games to test it against older materials), and then slow to 1-2 games a week after 2-3 months after release (depending on the thrill of the Expansion).  Average that out...maybe 10 games a month since August 2005.

Damn.  That's a bit terrifying...

What was that noise?

#10 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:30 AM

jgt7771 said:

Impossible to remember.  I was lucky enough to discover the game's existence in a San Diego game store somewhere outside of Comic-Con 2005 (which was apparently right around when it was initially released).  About 2-3 games a week as I introduced it to cultists, most of those played by myself.  Slowed to about 2 games a week after Dark Pharaoh came out.  Now it's a regular cycle based around Expansion releases: about 2-3 games a week once an expansion comes out (mostly solo games to test it against older materials), and then slow to 1-2 games a week after 2-3 months after release (depending on the thrill of the Expansion).  Average that out...maybe 10 games a month since August 2005.

Damn.  That's a bit terrifying...

Clear-cut symptoms of a serious addiction !

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#11 mageith

mageith

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

This is an estimate.

I joined the former forum on Mar 12, 2008 about a month after I got the game.  Until this holiday season I never played less than 4 games a weekend and sometimes up to 8.   So that's 10  months about 18 games a month for 180 plus the great weekends when I could play more.  I am around 200 games, probably more.  This is not counting solo games, which I rarely play. (Maybe 10)

I've played with at least 50 different people (about 30 or 35 I've taught).  I know there was more than 25 different players in my first convention and have been to  another convention since then.  It had new and different players but not as many as the first..  I have about 10 different people come to my house from time to time, though many of them are from players I've meant at different conventions. I've taughty my whole family (6) in addition. I belong to another group where I taught four players one night, none of whom had played with me at  a convention.

#12 godfeather

godfeather

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I feel I am a little behind. I have counted to 5 games only and have had it for a while. This may look bad, but actually isn't considering my time and that other games divert my interest. This is not counting solo games.

#13 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

I have absolutely no idea how many times I've played the game. I first came across it at university in about 2004-2005 not sure when and I've been playing it ever since. I quite often play through the night with a friend and we'll just play our way through each GOO one after the other using investigators untill they get devoured and then picking a new one. It's a race to see who runs out first. Investigators or  GOO. I'm past 100 but I'm not sure how far past.

#14 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:49 AM

I have taught the game several times at small conventions here in Michigan.

Two out of the three times i have had the maximum of 8 players playing and everyone that I have taught it to has enjoyed it very much.The third teaching session was a total bust,however,because we had a bad snowstorm that day so I dont count that time.

A lot of people I talk to want to try it but dont want to thumb through the rules.They want someone to teach it to.Maybe the rulebook is a bit overwhelming to people.

#15 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

diablo666 said:

rulebook is a bit overwhelming to people.

I hate that response it always annoys me. I've come across so many people who wont play new games because 'it looks complicated' or 'I'd never be able to pick that up' and even sometimes 'It's not like manopoly or Ludo' and so they wont even give it a go.

Not saying that's your response. Just that that response is an annoying one.

#16 diablo666

diablo666

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

I agree with you that this response is very annoying and I will never say that to any game.

I myself prefer the more complicated games that have some depth to them.Thats just me,though.Everyone is different.

#17 Glycerine

Glycerine

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

I'm jealous and wish I would have the time to play more often!

Congrats though!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS