Photo

Exodus Question for Resolve "The Trial/Boxing the Line" at Crossroads Phase for Ionian Nebula

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mickey

Mickey

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

When all cylon players is/are eliminated after resolving “The Trial/Boxing the Line”at Crossroads Phase, do the human win instantly or need to have a

jump for winning?

If need to have a jump for human winning, when a human losing game condition happens, do Cylons win?

Thanks

#2 Daver

Daver

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

If humans lose and all cylons are eliminated then everybody loses. Tough.

#3 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

You still need to jump one more time.

#4 Winaran

Winaran

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Really? I haven't found a single indication in the rules that players eliminated from the game automatically lose the game, I thought that if you are eliminated but your team wins you still win (still, personally you lose, because you were eliminated). But I can agree thats logical for eliminated players to lose.

And I have few question here:

1)What the hell happends when human player who is Unrevealed Cylon becomes eliminated? He is executed but what then? He joines other Cylons? Or is he eliminated for good? The same for Infiltrating Cylon Leader? They both are judged as Human Players although they dont have to be on the players side.

2)How exactly Command work? Well I know how it works "you may activate up to 2 Vipers" but can you activate 1 Viper twice? I always played that you cannot activate a Viper 2 so I think thats the reason why we rarelry used it and deemed it weak location.

3)Can you use abilities from Skill Cards, Loyalty Cards, Character Sheets and Quorum Cards when its not your turn? I always played that after someone plays Executive Order on you you can use any Action ability, but recently I read something in the core rules that (I think) defy it. It's the sidebar on page 13. "…Many abilities are prefaced with the word "Action" followed by a colon, which means that the character may only use it as his action during his Action step."

#5 Winaran

Winaran

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Ok, I actually found in FAQ/Errata answers to questions 1 and 2. Eliminated Unrevealed Cylon loses the game, and people can use Command to activate 2 Vipers (at least I think so).

But question 3 stands. :)

P.S. Sorry for spamming but I couldn't have edited previous post anymore. :(

#6 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

There should be a previous FORUM entry, but I asked FFG about Elimination and yes, eliminated players lose, no matter what.

Other answers looked correct.

When you XO someone, you are giving them an action/action (or movement/action).  They can use the action items on Skill Cards.  Other cards may be used (on your turn or otherwise) based on what card says, such as "Play before cards are added"  or "Play before a dice roll".

Note that MOVEMENT actions have a specific rule that says they can only be used if it is your turn (not just have a movement - not a movement granted by XO, for example).

And of course, Treachor text is only usable by revealed Cylons and non-infiltrating leaders.  Other cards text are only usable by humans and infiltrating leaders.

#7 Winaran

Winaran

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thx, for answering, I was worried mainly for question about actions because of this "…Many abilities are prefaced with the word "Action" followed by a colon, which means that the character may only use it as his action during his Action step." This Sidebar note confused me. So the confusement was only about "Action:", not "Movement:" or cards like Strategic Planning. :)

So when I'm a target for XO I can use i.e. my Geyus Baltar (we always call him that) once per game action to see loyalty cards, or play Launch Scout card or play Quorum card or reveal myself as a Cylon right?

Answer for elimination  I found in FAQ/Errata so despite that it seems illogical (for me) for humans to eliminate Unrevealed Cylon (he does not ressurrect) but I can understand that it would be far too easy for Cylons to avoid elimination.

Also I wasn't sure about Vipers, but FAQ answered this. :)

And 2 new questions:

1)Can I move from Galactica to Pegasus when I dont have skill cards? I know it is unlikely but it is possible to have 0 cards and be able to move (thx to XO).

2)Can Lee  Adama Pilot a launched Viper when he is on Colonial One or Pegasus? I know he can't use this ability when he is in Brig. I ask because his skill says that he can do this while he is on Galactica but in FAQ it's written that he cannot do this only when he is in Brig or when the Viper is launch by someone else who want to pilot it (from Hangar).

#8 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

In a sense, action step and movement step are the same as action and movement.  Step is the things you can do when you have a movement or an action.  If someone XO's you, you get a movement step and an action step, or two action steps.  Some things require it be your turn, but off hand only movement abilities come to mind.

1)Can I move from Galactica to Pegasus when I dont have skill cards? I know it is unlikely but it is possible to have 0 cards and be able to move (thx to XO).

No, this is one of those "if you discard then you can…" things, not a "and then discard (if you have them" things.

2)Can Lee  Adama Pilot a launched Viper when he is on Colonial One or Pegasus?

The FAQ was to clarify the rules, in other words, you can't do it to get out of the brig or steal someones launch.  It was not Errata, replacing the meaning. 

#9 dakuth

dakuth

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Mephisto666 said:

Some things require it be your turn, but off hand only movement abilities come to mind.

Keeping in mind I don't have Pegasus… what is a movement ability?

Also - aren't there a number of character abilities (such as Helo's re-roll) that say "on your turn" ? We always assumed they could not be used when XOing.

#10 Winaran

Winaran

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well in expansion some skill cards (or characters) have ability to do something instead of moving.
For example Tactic card Critical Situation text stands "Movement: take 2 actions" (or something like this, I dont have a card in front of me) which means that instead of moving you can take additional action, so on your turn you can take 2 actions if you don't move. But you can't play Executive Order in the same turn you played Critical Situation. :)

#11 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Winaran said:

Can Lee  Adama Pilot a launched Viper when he is on Colonial One or Pegasus? I know he can't use this ability when he is in Brig. I ask because his skill says that he can do this while he is on Galactica but in FAQ it's written that he cannot do this only when he is in Brig or when the Viper is launch by someone else who want to pilot it (from Hangar).

He cannot use his ability from Colonial One, whether or not he can launch from Pegasus could be a house ruse thing, but with Exodus he's best off just abusing Command + CAG anyway so it becomes kinda moot.

dakuth said:

Also - aren't there a number of character abilities (such as Helo's re-roll) that say "on your turn" ? We always assumed they could not be used when XOing

Yes, if it specifically says "on your turn" then you cannot use it on someone else's turn regardless of the effect of an XO. 

"Movement" effects cannot be used with an XO because you dont have a Movement step that turn, only the current player does and the fact that XO allows a player to move is not the same as that player having a Movement step.

#12 Mephisto666

Mephisto666

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I would contend you do get a movement step, that is how you use your movement.  But Movement abilities are "on your own turn" abiilities (by default) so you can not use them on an XO (Pegasus rules page 9).  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS