scout armour and flak armour

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mjbarrett

mjbarrett

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

okay so i have a rough idea of how a deathwatch terminater looks like but what about a marine with scout armour

The same princeable would apply the suit is owned by the deathwatch not the marine his-self so a chapter insigna would have

to interchangable so my question is how would this be done?

and another thing: I notice that Flak armour is in the rulebook but why space marines where flak armour? in what context would it be a good  idea? 

#2 Brother Praetus

Brother Praetus

• Members
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

mjbarrett said:

okay so i have a rough idea of how a deathwatch terminater looks like but what about a marine with scout armour

The same princeable would apply the suit is owned by the deathwatch not the marine his-self so a chapter insigna would have

to interchangable so my question is how would this be done?

It's still typically displayed on the shoulder plate, and I believe is painted on, not engraved.  Not that the Deathwatch couldn't have a multitude of spare should plates to be swapped out as need be.

mjbarrett said:

and another thing: I notice that Flak armour is in the rulebook but why space marines where flak armour? in what context would it be a good  idea? 

Space Marines do not wear Flak armor.  It is included in the core rules because Imperial Guard and Chaos Cultists/Renegade Militias wear it, and they are detailed in the Adversaries section.  Rather then publish the rules for Flak armor in each description, it is included in the Armory for the sake of brevity.

-=Brother Praetus=-

"Truth is so rare it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

- Fortune Cookie

#3 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Flak Armour is included for the same reason as the Lasgun, to represent Imperial Guardsman

#4 Theodocian

Theodocian

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:12 AM

Concerning what it looks like, Space Marine Scouts can be seen at GW's homepage, or here: 

javascript:void(0);/*1296155391520*/ or javascript:void(0);/*1296155536960*/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS