Homemade Unit Card Thread.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BigWill

BigWill

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I am starting this thread for a place for us to hash out rules for homemade units.

I love the elite theme but Tamiya makes wonderful 1:48 scale models of American,British,Russian,and German personel with north 1940's gear.

Not to mention all the normal 1:48 vehicles that would still most definitely be still on the battlefield.

I would love everyones input on stats for the various units.

The first few I can think of off the top of my head is

1)Line Infantry for (The US,British,Soviet,German)

2)Sherman Tank

3) Pershing M26

4)Tiger/King Tiger

5) Panzer III/IV (I guess the difference would be in a 76mm versus an 88mm)

I am not going to even touch on my idea for the Top Secret US unit or Mecha-Hitler

#2 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

i like this idea man but what about a russian t-34, t-35

#3 BigWill

BigWill

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

And do not frget the KV-1 and Challenger tanks,plus artillery like 88's(Verliden has an awesome 88  kit).

Remember there is going to be rules for arty and perhaps flyers too.

I just bought the game a few days ago.when I get a few games under my belt to get a feel for the elites I will have a better idea how to rate the second stringers.

I know the tanks should go way faster than the walkers.

#4 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Funny you mentioned that this week on my blog is the Sherman the Panzer III and small transports (Jeep and Volkswagen). I also have made stats for:

the m24 Chaffee, m26 pershing, m36 tank destroyer, t30, t20, Well M29 Weasel, m41 Walker Bulldog, Panzer IV, Tiger I King Tiger, Panther, Jadtiger, Panzer VII Lowe, Panzer VIII Maus, Panzer IX, Landkruezer P. 1000 Ratte, Landkruezer 1500 Monster. I also made the attachments for the Sherman like the flamethrower one and the rocket one. Plus I decided to use a little bit more SciFi and use Tesla technology and make a M4A7T with a Tesla cannon.

Haven't done any british russian or japanese tanks yet since they havent come out yet. Also havent done any artillery since the new rules for artillery is coming out.

Its just a wait and see kinda thing bc i dont wanna give all my cards out at once and run out of stuff in a week.

#5 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

arkangl said:

Funny you mentioned that this week on my blog is the Sherman the Panzer III and small transports (Jeep and Volkswagen). I also have made stats for:

the m24 Chaffee, m26 pershing, m36 tank destroyer, t30, t20, Well M29 Weasel, m41 Walker Bulldog, Panzer IV, Tiger I King Tiger, Panther, Jadtiger, Panzer VII Lowe, Panzer VIII Maus, Panzer IX, Landkruezer P. 1000 Ratte, Landkruezer 1500 Monster. I also made the attachments for the Sherman like the flamethrower one and the rocket one. Plus I decided to use a little bit more SciFi and use Tesla technology and make a M4A7T with a Tesla cannon.

Haven't done any british russian or japanese tanks yet since they havent come out yet. Also havent done any artillery since the new rules for artillery is coming out.

Its just a wait and see kinda thing bc i dont wanna give all my cards out at once and run out of stuff in a week.

And your blog link?

#6 BigWill

BigWill

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Like he said,I like the sound of Tesla Cannons, should fit right in line with Project L.

#7 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

I would also like to check out some of this stuff on your blog. Please give link.

#8 BigWill

BigWill

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

The answer was a few threads down titled Blog Site :)

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

I love his idea of using Capt America and Red Skull(might have to steal that one someday,like when hero clix comes out with a decent WW2 capt)

Is hero clix 1:48 as well or should I get a hold of another Bazooka Joe and sculpt?

I though of one or two along those lines as well,Nick Fury and Sgt.Rock

#9 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

Dust Tactics figures are scale in miniature scale and that is 35mm and so are heroclix. I have stats for a ton of superheroes. I did my research and made stats for the JSA, Sgt. Rock and the Easy Company, Nick Fury, the original Watchmen, the Invaders, I even have Howard Stark as Ironman (mostly bc I had an extra incursion model and thought it would be cool). I also did movie heroes like First Lieutenant Aldo Raine from Inglorious Basterds and Joe Sullivan from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I didn't want to do people too over powering like Superman mostly b/c it would be like God smacking the piss out of the Nazi's.

#10 loken14

loken14

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

make the wunderwaffen dg 2 from world at war

#11 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

do you have any pics or stats I was looking for it and seem to not find it all I can find is the project itself with the billion experimental tanks

#12 rwwingate

rwwingate

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

arkangl said:

Dust Tactics figures are scale in miniature scale and that is 35mm and so are heroclix. I have stats for a ton of superheroes. I did my research and made stats for the JSA, Sgt. Rock and the Easy Company, Nick Fury, the original Watchmen, the Invaders, I even have Howard Stark as Ironman (mostly bc I had an extra incursion model and thought it would be cool). I also did movie heroes like First Lieutenant Aldo Raine from Inglorious Basterds and Joe Sullivan from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I didn't want to do people too over powering like Superman mostly b/c it would be like God smacking the piss out of the Nazi's.

Speaking of Heroscape, I haven't put together any stats yet, but Heroscape also did a Marvel hero starter with both Captain America and the Red skull.  Both the models are bigger than the heroclix counterparts and fit well scale wise with the Dust miniatures.  Stats and a rebase and they'd be good to go in freindly games.  If I have the time I'll take some pics tonight.  The figures are a little harder to find than their heroclix counterparts, but they come up on ebay fairly regularly.

#13 Mordith

Mordith

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

What is everyone using to make your own cards? Is there a template?

#14 BigWill

BigWill

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

Good Question

I wonder who has blanks available,(Looks to the Heavens ;) )

#15 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:27 AM

Mine you have to have Microsoft Publisher (usually comes with office package) if you have it or can get it email me my email is on my blog and ill send u the file i made. its got all the text areas for you to fill in and the image are left blank for you to fill in the image but the border is there. I just dont want to put my email all over the internet so go to the blog there is a link on the side. twc-dust-tactic.blogspot.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS