• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Elesthor

Elesthor

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hello everyone.

Im interested in starting playing DH with my group but I have a question.

Ive seen that there are errata and they are at their 3rd version. From a quick forum search I understood that there is not a reprint for the v3 errata and there is not a plan in the near future.

So my guess is that there is a errata v2.0 reprint. Is that correct?

And if it is how can I tell that a book if up to date? Im asking because Im buying my RPG books from an online store (I dont know If Im alowed to say but its amazon the UK one since I live in Europe) and I want to make sure the books we are going to get are up to date.

Im interested in both the core rulebook and IH.

Thanks in advance

#2 Gregorius21778

Gregorius21778

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hi, Elesthor

no, there is no re-print with any ERRATA as far as I know.

And I would advice you to think twice about picking up the game. I love the background, but the system gives me headaches from time to time. And houseruling tends to make more second-level afford that it is worth.

#3 miles1739

miles1739

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Hello Elesthor,

As Gregorius21778 most kindly stated there is no reprint with the errata in the book but dont let that from discouraging you from buying an otherwise fine book.Try out the free introductory adventure to see if the rules suit you.There not as bad as some make them out to be.Be you own judge.My group as spent countless hours playing DH with no regrets what so ever.

#4 Elesthor

Elesthor

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Currently playing dnd 4th I ended up HATING Errata with all my soul 

But since we are all intrigued by 40k setting, the game theme and a non fantasy rpg (we are playing classic fantasy for soooo long) Im gonna order the Rulebook and IH, print the errata and try it out.

I hope we'll like it. I think I will from what I've read so far but we'll have to playtest in order to be sure.

Thank you both for your answers and I hope I'll enjoy it like you do Miles :) .

#5 jareddm

jareddm

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:31 AM

Not to seem out of the loop but doesn't the FFG printing have at least SOME of the errata over the BI printing?

#6 Elesthor

Elesthor

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:44 AM

After a little bit more research I've found an older post stating that the FFG book has v1.0 and SOME of the v2.0 errata in it.

I dont know if thats the case though (about v2.0 ones cause v1.0 are in it for sure).

#7 Niqvah

Niqvah

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:08 AM

The Errata don't hugely affect your running of the game. If you just have them printed out and to hand (and are loosely familiar with them) while using the main rulebook and the Inquisitor's Handbook, you won't have a problem. Once you've grown accustomed to the system (which will take time for any new RPG), you'll just remember them and things will be pretty seamless.

If you enjoy the 40k universe, and you like roleplay, chances are you'll have a lot of fun with Dark Heresy. It's my favourite RPG due to the flexibility of the class system and the universe itself. The rules have worked well for all the groups I have played it in.

I hope you and your players will really enjoy it.

#8 Replicant253

Replicant253

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:12 AM

To answer you original question you just need to make sure you buy a FFG copy and not a Black Industry copy (logo on bottom left of front cover).  However I would of thought that it now pretty hard to get hold of a BI copy so chances are you will automatically end up with a FFG copy whoever you get it from. 

Keep in mind the erratta in the FFG copy is minimal (version 1) but it is better than nothing.

#9 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

I wrote the errata into my copy. It only took me an evening while watching TV.

I wouldn't let it put you off.

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder or see the 45,000+ squadrons other players have created.

· I also have a page of my other RPG and board game stuff.

· Currently, I'm backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we've got to: Travels With Triplets.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS