• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jorte

Jorte

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hey guys,

So I was cuirous how you guys store your game and multiple expansions.

I have AH + Dunwich + Lurker + KiY and was actually able to get it all in the main box fairly well.  The only real issue is the game board sits a bit high so the box doesn't close all the way.

I'll tell you one thing though...seeing all the stuff together is beautiful....beeeaauuutttiifful...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   I can see forever!!!!!

/gurgle

#2 electronicham

electronicham

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

You can get all of that in the main box? I can barely get all the components of the main box in the main box.

#3 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

I never tried to double-up (or CRAM) boxes.  Instead, I went out to Target and found a duffel bag that comfortably fits all four big boxes (stacked flat 2x2), and I just haul that around.  All chits are in six origami boxes that fit in the AH large plastic bin; all AOs and Investigators in DH; Black Goat box fits in KH; Lurker box fits in IH.  Any DP that I kept is adopted in DH, any KY is in KH, and BG/LT small cards in IH (big cards in their respective boxes).

What was that noise?

#4 EvilAmarant7x

EvilAmarant7x

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

Before Lurker came out, I was able to fit all the cards in Base+CotDP+DH+KiY+KH+BGotW+IH into a single arkham box. Then I put the boards, investigators/AO cards, and tokens in another AH box. Then I had a bag for all the monster tokens, which i also used to carry around the investigator stands and gate tokens.

But then Lurker and the minis came out....

So now I have a craft suitcase of sorts that can store all the minis and all of the cards, and I still use the other AH box for the rest of it.

#5 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

I store the boards, investigators, AOs and Guardian/Heralds in the base box. The large cards go in a pair of cardboard sports card boxes. The small cards and tokens go in a pair of tackle boxes. For added effect I found a fake hollowed out book that can hold the tackle boxes. When I have a little time and money I'm planing on building a wooden case that will hold the cards and boards.

#6 Innsmouth13

Innsmouth13

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:47 AM

My father and I are planning to build a box to store everything if there is a day or two I have off work and he isn't rushing off to a gig or something.  When its finished I'll post pictures. 

You think I suffer from insanity, I don't. I ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

#7 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

There are quite many threads like this one, it seems, so I just chose this one to show off my solution. =P Here are a couple of pictures. (http://imgur.com/0vH3K , http://imgur.com/KuniD)

The box contains:

- The base game

- Investigator sheets and tokens from Innsmouth

- Investigator sheets and tokens from Dunwich

- Ancient One sheets and tokens from Innsmouth (plus Quachil cards)

- Ancient One sheets and tokens from Dunwich

- Personal Story cards

- Injury and Madness cards

As you can see, I've kept the black card trays which come with the game box, but I've cut out the rest of the black plastic. The height of the red storage box is just the same as the card trays, so the cards are kept nicely in place when the game board rests on top of them.

I will be getting Lurker as my next expansion, so I've made sure there's enough room for the Relationship cards and the Replacement gate tokens. But when those have been added, the box is rather full --- at least until I can find a better solution for the cards. Any ideas?

The rest of the Innsmouth, Dunwich and Lurker expansions are gathered in a second big box.

#8 arkhamresident

arkhamresident

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

This http://www.planomold...uct.php?PID=935 holds all the cardboard bits (and you can keep the investigators on the stands) with some room to spare.

The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Mark Twain

#9 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

You're all a bunch of lightweights!

http://www.fantasyfl...=1&efidt=593678

#10 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

I've finally added most of the Lurker expansion to the base game box. The box is now crammed full. (picture 1, picture 2, picture 3) The game board and the rules go on top of what's shown in picture 1.

Here's what's in the box:

- The base game

- Gate, Mythos and Arkham cards from Lurker

- Common Items, Unique Items and Spells from Lurker

- Replacement Gate tokens

- Relationship cards

- Investigator sheets and tokens from Innsmouth and Dunwich

- Ancient One sheets and accessories (cards, tokens, spawn monsters, etc.) from Innsmouth and Dunwich

- Personal Story cards

- Injury and Madness cards

- Colour Out of Space monster tokens from Dunwich (they really belong in the base game, together with the Chthonians)

- Some extra dice

The rest of the Innsmouth, Dunwich and Lurker expansions is kept in a second big box.

I've found some nice deck boxes, which can be seen on the pictures, and they are perfect for storage. (Search Ebay or Google for "Ultra Pro deck box", and you'll find it.) The big cards from the base game and Lurker fit exactly into two deck boxes. (That is about 130 cards in each.) The third one covers all the small cards, except for the Quachil cards and the Personal Story cards, which I've put in the small card bags beside the deck boxes. An empty deck box also serves nicely as a monster cup. Additionally, I've cut out the smallest of the black plastic trays which come in the original box. It's perfect for keeping the Gate tokens in place.

I doubt I'll be able to get anything more into the box, but I've selected the most important and modular stuff to keep in the base game box. If I am to bring the game to a friend's place, and I'm not bothered to bring an expansion box, I can still play all my Investigators and Ancient Ones. I can also add Gate Bursts, Relationships, Personal Stories, Injuries, Madnesses and Replacement Gates into the game. Together with the game box itself, all of this sums up to a total of 3 kg. ^__^

#11 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I have every expansion and so have found myself needing more storage.

I have a few boxes from Hobby Lobby to store all my materials, and they store them very well.  I started off with this box to hold all my materials, but I didn't like how the cards fit in it, so now I use it to store all my game boards, rulebooks, monster bag with all the monster tokens in it, all the sheets (AO, investigator, herald, guardian, institution), investigator tokens, all my dice, and all replaced items (I'm looking at you CotDP).

Then I have 3 of these plastic adjustable size storage boxes for all of my cards.  1 box contains all mythos, gate cards, epic battle cards, gate tokens, and small dust cards.  Another box contains all location cards and every other large card.  And the 3rd box contains all small cards.

Lastly, I have this beauty which perfectly stores all of my game tokens (except gate, monster, and investigator markers).

I got all of this very cheap, too. Every time you go to Hobby Lobby, you can download a coupon from their website for 40% off any 1 item.  So I just made a couple trips with a couple friends, bought them all separately, and had my storage.

#12 parkrrrr

parkrrrr

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Musha Shukou said:

I have a few boxes from Hobby Lobby to store all my materials, and they store them very well.  I started off with this box to hold all my materials, but I didn't like how the cards fit in it, so now I use it to store all my game boards, rulebooks, monster bag with all the monster tokens in it, all the sheets (AO, investigator, herald, guardian, institution), investigator tokens, all my dice, and all replaced items (I'm looking at you CotDP).

I have that same box. Mine holds everything: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1467518/parkrrrr

I really need to take more pictures of that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS