Photo

Unlimited Endings? Awesome way to end an Arkham Horror session.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mykayel

Mykayel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

This game has endless possibilities. 90% of the time I play is done with good friends who know the game and even if we lose the final battle, the last player to get killed or the players who defeat the Ancient One, will have to come up with a cool ending. I decided to post an example of the many awesome endings we had:

In this session we battled against Nyarlathotep. The investigator who survived the final battle was Monterey Jack (the Archaeologist). Somewhere during gameplay I obtained the ally Ruby Standish and the card I drew for having Ruby join me was none other than the Necronomicon. (I won't tell you the story and dialogue of when I got her, i'll just skip to the ending)

At the end of the game when the investigators (meaning only me, since all my friends died in the final battle) won the game, I had to come up with an ending.

The police arived and found Jack with a gun in his hand and no one around him. Jack was arrested (Ruby was nowhere to be seen). As when he was standing in the back seat of the police vehicle he passed a dark alley and noticed Ruby standing there close to the wall.

"Will he be a problem?" a robbed figure from within the darkness asks Ruby. "No, the police won't belive him, I left too mutch incriminating evidence at the Silver Twilight Loudge when I stole the item, and also gave him the fake copy I recieved from you." Ruby hands over the Necronomicon to the robbed figure. "I could really get used to this." sayis Ruby as she enters the darkness with the robbed figure. The End.

I know, not one of my best endings but it's the most recent one. So...does anyone else have any cool ending to tell? :)

#2 Mawdrigen

Mawdrigen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

Oh yes.

Hard fought game against errr... Nyarlathotep I think. Everytime we thought we'd won someone would end up LITAS and another gate would spawn. We got down to one gate and sent two people through it who both ended up LITAS before it closed and then got double doomed.. Literally it was "Close this gate or fight Nyarlatotep" and we were not best set up for it.

So Monterey Jack took a trip to Yuggoth.

In the strange and Eldritch science labs of some misbegotten race the likes of which he could not imagine he met two robed figures. In strange and buzzing voices they greeted him and asked if he wished to take part in an experiment, if he did they promised to return him to arkham and even close the gate. Knowing the dire straits the world was in Jack eagerly agreed.

He slept for a while.

Then found himself in Arkham The gate closing behind him, the World Saved!

then he looked down and realised he was wearing a wimple.

The dastardly Migo had put his brain in the body of a nun!

#3 Mykayel

Mykayel

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

Well, that's a..preety disturbing ending you got there.

#4 Mawdrigen

Mawdrigen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

heh actually given the way we play it was more comedy than disturbing...

Although taken seriously.. yes that would be a really disturbing ending.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS