Hypnotism card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 causeitwasfunny

causeitwasfunny

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

So, my friends and I were playing and they picked up the Hypnotism card fairly early in the game (I had no vampires at the time), and considering that Mina Harker is always bitten there is not much of a chance that this card will not be used.

We were considering that if Dracula has 1 or 2 vampires, another Hunter has to be in the same location for this to work.  However, if Dracula has 3 or more, then it can be used at any time.  We haven't come across it again since, but was wondering what everyone thought of this amendment to allow a bit of fairness if Dracula has barely started allowing his dark plans to come to fruition.

#2 pnv_Creator

pnv_Creator

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hello,

My opinion is that I don't mind the game as it is - very dependant on luck and with very imbalanced Event cards (they are not meant to be of equal strength). However if you want to nerf some of them, doing it only with hypnosis is no good at all.

You can check this link to boardgamegeek site, in which you can find some balancing changes. Hypnosis is included btw.

javascript:void(0);/*1294650986651*/

As I see the game, the point is not the game to be for pro-play with very little chance and so on. There is always a big chance factor in the huge dice influence, event cards and so on. This makes it good family game and keeps the chances of both sides until the end. Thus I accept is as it is.

Usually I also like games with a lot of thinking and little-to-no luck factor. You can nerf the suggested above rules, use d3 instead of d6, draw one dracula card after each 2 hunter cards, balance allies, reduce event cards power and so on, but do you really want to do it with this game?

-------------

My experince with the game as it is - dozen of games. As I got experienced Dracula, win comes very easy to me. When I play hunter sometimes it's difficult to do anything even if we know where Dracula is. Last two games Dracula won on 15 blood even with us knowing where he is almost all the time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS