Newbie Q regarding Dungeon Rooms

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

hi all, got DQ for Xmas but tonight was the first chance I've had to set it up and play a game. Only got a chance to play one game, where Challara was slaughtered on turn 5 by a unexpected Giant Centipede which rolled double 6's for damage.

anyway i was curious about the Dungeon Room's. do you only draw a Dungeon card for those rooms that look like the pic on page 30? or everyroom that isnt one of the other pics? for instance two rooms i drew where:

a) woodpanelled floor, dead end room with a search symbol

b) a wood panel floored room with a door to the north and a corridor exit to the left

i didn't draw cards for them as i couldn't decide if i should or not. id welcome others thoughts.

thanks

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

You should've drawn in both locations. Check the arrow color if unsure, it usually clues you in on what type of chamber it is. White arrow = vanilla dungeon chamber, draw a Dungeon card. Same for Catacomb Entrace (grey/dark grey) and Portcullis (purple). For Blue and Green arrows, will need to check the pages until you can remember the rooms by heart (like Chasm-Blue, card, Bottomless Pit/Bridge move again or not).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Thanks Dam for the answer.

#4 Zachary Wu

Zachary Wu

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the answers.I was wondering why the rulebook doesn't tell me these.

#5 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Rules say:

"The color of an entry arrow also helps
identify the specific type of Dungeon chamber." (p. 10)

Combined with Chamber Descriptions on pages 30-31, never had trouble telling chambers apart myself.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS