Jump to content



Photo

d.Forrest's Deathwatch Art


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Dubu

Lord Dubu

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

Brother Lethaniel

Brother Lethaniel



#2 korvass

korvass

    Member

  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

That's an image I could definitely imagine inside the actual Codex Astartes. I know there's an actual word for the illustrations found in religious books and manuscripts, but I can't remember it. Looks like that, though. Good job!



#3 Charmander

Charmander

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

korvass said:

 

That's an image I could definitely imagine inside the actual Codex Astartes. I know there's an actual word for the illustrations found in religious books and manuscripts, but I can't remember it. Looks like that, though. Good job!

 

 

I suspect you're referring to Illumination, as in "Illuminated Manuscript" 

With a little tweaking and some integration into the text you've got something there. 

Nicely done, sir.



#4 Advocati

Advocati

    Member

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

 Love the art, Lord Dubu. I was wondering, would you be willing to take requests? 



#5 Lord Dubu

Lord Dubu

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thanks guys! I do appreciate the love. I like the idea of it feeling like an illuminated manuscript. Thanks that's so with the tone of the 40K universe.

 

Ad, I do from time to time sell commissions on ebay and etsy.



#6 Lord Dubu

Lord Dubu

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Lethaniel of the Dark Angels (pre-DeathWatch)

Lethaniel



#7 ak-73

ak-73

    Member

  • Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

The Mk. 6 helmet isn't done right, other than that I love the art, especially since it has a unique flair.

 

And I need immediate stats for that belt incenser trapping in the first pic! :)

 

Alex



#8 Battybattybats

Battybattybats

    Member

  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:44 AM

ak-73 said:

The Mk. 6 helmet isn't done right, other than that I love the art, especially since it has a unique flair.

 

And I need immediate stats for that belt incenser trapping in the first pic! :)

 

Alex

The helmet looks to me like some of the less-standard variations on older art and a few older minis.



#9 ak-73

ak-73

    Member

  • Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

Battybattybats said:

ak-73 said:

 

The Mk. 6 helmet isn't done right, other than that I love the art, especially since it has a unique flair.

 

And I need immediate stats for that belt incenser trapping in the first pic! :)

 

Alex

 

 

The helmet looks to me like some of the less-standard variations on older art and a few older minis.

 

It's an Mk VI Corvus Armour helmet, yes. I don't know, it seems a bit too high above the shoulders? Not sure, I am no artist, it's just that it did strike me as not looking properly at first impression.

It's just a minor point, overall the pic is just great.

Alex



#10 Battybattybats

Battybattybats

    Member

  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

ak-73 said:

 

 It's an Mk VI Corvus Armour helmet, yes. I don't know, it seems a bit too high above the shoulders? Not sure, I am no artist, it's just that it did strike me as not looking properly at first impression.

It's just a minor point, overall the pic is just great.

Alex

I know it's a mark 6. I'm referring to the beak-to-helmet size and angle ratio being reminsicent of some of John Blaches versions. There was quite a lot of diversity on the original lead corvus miniatures as well as the artworks (positioning of the ventilation slits being one of the most obvious).

As for problems with the positioning of the helmet, it looks perhaps a smidge too far forward, the artist possibly being thrown off by the angle of the back of the helmet, where the angle was corrected (from the look of it) it though off the look of the neck angle. Also the lighting is different on the helmet which is quite light and without shadow compared to the torso which while possibly intended to indicate a diffrent paint colour on the helmet emphasises the apparent issues with positioning.

Not that i'm much of an artist, i dabbled years ago and did study it formally but haven't kept up with it. I doubt i could do better than the artist.



#11 ak-73

ak-73

    Member

  • Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:33 AM

It's nothing to debate much about, the illustration is great, it's a just a minor detail that struck me.

 

Alex



#12 Lord Dubu

Lord Dubu

    Member

  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

DeathWatch - SpaceWolf - Assault Marine



#13 Tanuis

Tanuis

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

nice work.. are you planning to add  more color ?






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS