Quest cards and map setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheBossInTheWall

TheBossInTheWall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

I couldn't find this answered via a few forum searches or in the two FAQs I looked through. And of course the rule book.

During map setup each player draws two quest cards. Sure. Easy. BUT what if one of those quest cards is one without a hex with a numbered letter on it? Such as the Gathering Storm or Secrets and Lies. Does this mean that player does not recieve a map tile?

#2 TheBossInTheWall

TheBossInTheWall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Oy vey I completely missed a section on the same bloody page. Appologies. Answered my own question.

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

Just for the benefit of any new players who see this thread and have the same question:

There are 9 Quest Cards that say "Setup Quest" on them.  It's these 9 cards that are used to deal out to the players to determine which tiles are used.  (For what it's worth, all 9 of these have the "A" area listed on them, too).  After the map is set up, the Quest Deck is rebuilt by adding the setup cards that were used (removing the rest from the game) along with any other Quest card that is relevant, reshuffled, and two cards are again dealt to each player; this time, however, those two cards are the player's actual quests, and not used for setup.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS