3 replies to this topic

#1 monk

monk

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Hi,

Can someone answer these for me...

1. What happens if you move into an area containing 'Routed Unallied Neutrals'? Can you try to ally with them as normal (by drawing fate cards) or do they automatically become allied?

2. When playing my first game we had a very tough time becoming allied with neutrals. I thought that the cards hadn't been shuffled properly but then realised that there are only 4 fate cards that allow success in diplomacy, is this correct?

Thanks

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

#1 - You can try to ally with them.  If you don't (or if you get a "red" result) you must battle them.  If they are all routed, essentially this is going to be a very one-sided battle, where you draw cards for each of your units, and then all the neutral units will be killed.  If you successfully recruit them, they remain routed, however.

#2 - Yes, there are only 4 "gold" results, 8 "grey" results, and 18 "red" results.  This is intentional.  Diplomacy is meant to be tough, as are some quests (that you only succeed on a "gold" result).

#3 monk

monk

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Fast Reply, thanks for the help

#4 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

no problem, sorry about the bad formatting, the forum software of this site is horrendous.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS