Photo

Didn't know whether to post these 2 questions or not. Meaning...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Weyoun

Weyoun

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

...that we're kinda sure we already have the answers, but... what are Forums for, then? You guys are always helpful in clearing our doubts.

So, we played our first Black Goat of the Woods expansion game and these two discussions erupted among us:

1) What's the deal with the "Primal Surge" Corruption Card? Doesn't seem to be any wording problem here but we were kinda confused. The text goes: "You may move any of your skill sliders a total of 3 stops. All other Investigators must move a skill slider 1 stop". As it triggers during monster movement on the Mythos Phase, it seems like a chance (for the corrupted player) or the obligation (for ther rest) to adjust skill sliders. Great -some said-, but the Upkeep Phase is just around the corner, so does it make much of a difference? Ok, it will if you have very low focus, but as all Corruption Cards have a "dark side" to them, we were confused as to why this one seemed only positive; or even if its text was meant to replace the following Upkeep Phase rules.

2) If a Investigator with an Ally is devoured, does the Ally return to the box or to the Ally Deck? We decided that considering Allies return to the box when they are "discarded", that would be the case here. But one of my friends disagreed. So I'm basically posting this question for his sake!

Thanks a lot!

#2 StarBurn

StarBurn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

I'll awnser the second one cause im sure on that one. You discard all your items, so your ally goes bye bye as well...I'd say the AO got you both.

Also, not all coruption are bad in some ways, I mean... I enjoy greed a lot. So that maybe just what it does. XD

#3 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

1.  I think it allows you to move your focus up to 3 spaces now and themn move again in the Upkeep phase.  So it helps with low focus but it also helps you get that extra bump you may need that even a "healthy" focus can't reach.

The potential downisde is that everyone else MUST move a slider one stop.  Now this may end up helping them or it may hurt them a bit.  Most likely they can reset whateer they had to move in teh next upkeep but it does then reduce them by one free focus to use how the please.

This card may get some other side effects based on other cards in play.  I can't think of what it is right now, but I think there is a Mythos card that freezes your focus so this would be a way around it.

2. You discard all items.  Discarded cards go to the bottom of their respective deck.  So the Ally would be availble to be drawn again.  Allies are only removed from the game if the Terror Track goes up or some specific instruction tells you to return them to the box.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS