I just finished my first game of DA (solo). I think I have a pretty good grasp of the rules but I have a couple things I am not certain about.
1) Brother Zael's flamethrower attack says to ignore all skulls rolled and instead kill the number of genestealers shown on the dice. Is a skull still needed to hit or can he wipe out 5 genestealers at once on a lucky roll? O_o
2) I mostly get shifting I think. The game only says shifting is done when a space marine is slain, but what about when a space marine is put back into play because the event card rescue marine? I had this happen to me when I had one marine left and he had two terrain pices on his left and one his right and was surrounded by genestealers. It just didn't seem right that the space marine re-joining the fray would not change the formation so his battle brother was no longer so overwhelmed.
3) How are terrain and genestealer swarms handled when there is more than one terrain cards on a single side in a position? Do the terrain cards "stack" or do they remain separate? If not, when a swarm moves to an adjacent position because of an even card, which terrain card does it "land" on and do swarms on different terrain pieces merge or remain separate?
4) What's the point of the artefact terrain card? It seems kind of pointless since it has such a low spawn rate.
5) When the door card is in play and travel which genestealers are killed ?Does the current player just pick whatever swarms he wants to kill or is there some kind of order they are supposed to die in?
Thanks, and don't forget to do it for The Emprah.