• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pauloswolf

pauloswolf

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

Hello, fellow friends.

I will purchase my Core Set next month, so I would like to know, considering the available expansion sets until now, what expansions could you, players, tell me to acquire with the Core Set?

Thanks.

#2 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

If you want a competitive deck, the first thing I would do is get 3 core sets.  Especially if you plan on playing Orc.  Also keep in mind that the 14.95 packs are the only ones with complete playsets.  To get playsets of everything else, you'd have to buy 3 of each.

(One base set, and one Assault on Ulthuan gives you 3x Warpstone Excavation, 3x Contested Village, 3x Innovation, which are cards 95% of all competitive decks use.  It also gives you access to all factions.  If I was on a budget, this is what I would do.)

Otherwise, it depends on what you want to do:

Something else for Orc. One of the corruption cycle battlepacks (the 9.99 ones) gives you 2 or 3 spider riders.  Spider Riders is one of the key Orc rush cards.

If you want to play Skaven, you need the tooth and claw battlepack and the deathmasters dance battlepack.

If you want to play high elf or dark elf, Assault on Ulthuan is necessary.  March of the Damned also has some great stuff for both factions.  You wont be able to play either with the Core Set alone.

For Empire, start collecting the 14.95 packs. They have some great utility cards and heroes in those.

For Chaos, I'd stick to the base set and the 14.95 packs.

Dwarf has great base set cards, but one of the 14.95 packs has master rune of spite, and that's a pretty killer Dwarf Card.

Lizardman and Undead both came out in March of the Damned as neutrals (like skaven) if you wanted to play them too.

I dunno, if you elaborate on what you want to do a little more, maybe I can help further.

#3 pauloswolf

pauloswolf

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

●Kefka● said:

If you want a competitive deck, the first thing I would do is get 3 core sets.  Especially if you plan on playing Orc.  Also keep in mind that the 14.95 packs are the only ones with complete playsets.  To get playsets of everything else, you'd have to buy 3 of each.

(One base set, and one Assault on Ulthuan gives you 3x Warpstone Excavation, 3x Contested Village, 3x Innovation, which are cards 95% of all competitive decks use.  It also gives you access to all factions.  If I was on a budget, this is what I would do.)

Otherwise, it depends on what you want to do:

Something else for Orc. One of the corruption cycle battlepacks (the 9.99 ones) gives you 2 or 3 spider riders.  Spider Riders is one of the key Orc rush cards.

If you want to play Skaven, you need the tooth and claw battlepack and the deathmasters dance battlepack.

If you want to play high elf or dark elf, Assault on Ulthuan is necessary.  March of the Damned also has some great stuff for both factions.  You wont be able to play either with the Core Set alone.

For Empire, start collecting the 14.95 packs. They have some great utility cards and heroes in those.

For Chaos, I'd stick to the base set and the 14.95 packs.

Dwarf has great base set cards, but one of the 14.95 packs has master rune of spite, and that's a pretty killer Dwarf Card.

Lizardman and Undead both came out in March of the Damned as neutrals (like skaven) if you wanted to play them too.

I dunno, if you elaborate on what you want to do a little more, maybe I can help further.

Thanks very, very much for the informations, Kefka. They will help me a lot.

I bought the core set, so around 3 weeks to arrive, and I will come back with my preferences about the what faction and so on.

Certainly I will have much, much more doubts.

Hug.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS