Storage: What are you using?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Post Monster

Post Monster

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

Okay, so we all want the minis, but storage is obviously an issue. What are you using to store your minis? Do you like it or do you wish you have something better? Anyone using custom storage solutions?

#2 VFults

VFults

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

I use a plastic fishing lure box with adjustable dividers that I bought at Wal-Mart for about $7.00.  It works just fine, though I may get a small sheet of foam to line the compartments.

Regards,

V

• madquest8 likes this

#3 Punjoke

Punjoke

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

I've been using the plastic display cases they come in, and it works just fine. They slide back together easily and securely.

• madquest8 likes this

#4 DyerWilliam

DyerWilliam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

craftsman plastic parts organizer, item# 3086. i got lucky and found one with nothing but the small bins, 48 of them. holds the complete set with the inserts from the individual packs as well.

#5 Erifder

Erifder

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

DyerWilliam said:

craftsman plastic parts organizer, item# 3086. i got lucky and found one with nothing but the small bins, 48 of them. holds the complete set with the inserts from the individual packs as well.

Can you take and post a few pictures of this?  I've been trying to decide on storage before even considering purchasing the miniatures, and I must say this one looks to be the most interesting and ideal for what I want.

#6 ShadyClip

ShadyClip

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

I was just using the plastic boxes they came in but may go look for the Craftman HL3086.  It seems like they are pretty common in the Sears around me. 

• madquest8 likes this

#7 Aeaea

Aeaea

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

I found some plastic bead organizer boxes at Michaels for $2 each -- 3 of them will hold all 48 investigators. There are 16 single-sized sections and 1 (unneeded) double-sized section in each box.

I was thinking of lining the bottom with foam, and placing a foam cushion on top to hold each figure snugly so it won't rattle around since some of them have tiny pieces (like cigars) that could easily break off. Then place a paper sheet on top with the names (and perhaps pictures) of all the characters positioned in a grid overlaying where the figure is hiding so I can find it quickly.

#8 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Punjoke said:

I've been using the plastic display cases they come in, and it works just fine. They slide back together easily and securely.

Me too.

• madquest8 likes this

#9 Tonyfr

Tonyfr

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Aeaea said:

I found some plastic bead organizer boxes at Michaels for $2 each -- 3 of them will hold all 48 investigators. There are 16 single-sized sections and 1 (unneeded) double-sized section in each box.

I was thinking of lining the bottom with foam, and placing a foam cushion on top to hold each figure snugly so it won't rattle around since some of them have tiny pieces (like cigars) that could easily break off. Then place a paper sheet on top with the names (and perhaps pictures) of all the characters positioned in a grid overlaying where the figure is hiding so I can find it quickly.

That sounds good.  I want to find a mechanism to identify the figures for players.

#10 madquest8

madquest8

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Punjoke said:

Me too.

Me too.. although I have all the monsters in a big cardboard box... luckily I can remember their names/races otherwise with no names on the bases things could get confusing!

Rebel:  5 X-Wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 YT1300's, 2 HWK-290's, 2 Transports, 2 Corvette's

3 E-Wings (1 painted Trophy Gold), 4 Z-95's

Imperial:  5 TIE's, 7 TIE/In (inc 4 Aces), 1 TIE Adv, 1 Shuttle, 1 Firespray, 5 TIE Bombers, 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS