proposals of tin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 magicrealm

magicrealm

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:30 AM

descent campaigns get single tin models for use instead of counters. they sell very well.

for runewars i would love to have the castles (fortresses) as tin models. just a proposal. they look so great on the factionboard, but on the counter you cant see anything except the number. a bit more atmosphere would be nice to get with tin castles.

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:39 AM

That could be cool, for those willing to fork out some hard cash :)  I don't know that I would buy them, because pewter minis tend to be more expensive than they are worth.  Plus, you'd have to have some way of showing the damaged/undamaged strongholds.

But having them as an option would be neat.  Of course, you could always just use minis from other games, too :)

#3 Wanderer999

Wanderer999

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

sigmazero13 said:

That could be cool, for those willing to fork out some hard cash :)  I don't know that I would buy them, because pewter minis tend to be more expensive than they are worth.  Plus, you'd have to have some way of showing the damaged/undamaged strongholds.

Simple. Just like how you'd treat routed figures. Tip them over onto their sides! And yes, I have already ordered this game but not yet arrived at my place since I live overseas in Singapore and it's gonna take weeks to reach me. However, I have ALREADY gone ahead one step and bought the miniature castles. These are easy to find, and are DIRT CHEAP! And most importantly, the scale FITS perfectly at 1 and a half inch tall! The stone bases or pebbles at the bottom of the figures can be painted 4 colors for the 4 different factions (and the extra 4 can be painted for a 5th faction in case some people wish to use Hinnyboy's Dunwarr Dwarves (which I personally recommend as an add-on)

P.S: The shop is online and its name is Sunset Traders. U can easily find them on eBay. In case u are curious, they are going for a mere US$9.00 which gives u 20 such castle miniature pewters. This is more than enough since the actual game only comes with 4 strongholds each. (total of 16, u still get 4 spares for any breakage replacements!!)

Hope I managed to contribute something out there for my fellow runiverse mates, cheers!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS