Hide & feed at Castle - is OK right?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 craterous

craterous

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

1. If Dracula is already at his castle, he is allowed to feed there? - thus getting 1 blood from the feed; and again ending another turn at his castle - 2 more blood? (The rules apparently allow it, but this is such a powerful move I would think they would explicitly mention this either way.)

2. Ditto: Can he hide there - allowing him another turn of 2 Blood? (If he can, yes I realize the Hide would need to be turned face up to justify him grabbing 2 more blood.)

Now combine both 1 & 2 and Dracula gets 7 blood in 3 moves!! - wow, possibly practical if the hunters are far enough away and low resolve.

3. In a similar vein (yes pun intended):  For the Hunters: Can they both try to cure a bite and rest (gaining two health) at the hospital?

I've no vested interest either way, I can see how resolve can balance the castle situation,. I just want to be sure to game the way everyone else is handling this.

#2 craterous

craterous

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

I posted this same question on another game forum, and per that feedback I am now content all of the above can be done.   What engendered this query was the below - as I worded it on the other forum:

In my, albeit quick, readings of replays, I did not note any reference to this sort of obvious castle gambit, (e.g. "we need to save some resolve in case the count evades to his castle.") A voice in the back of my head went: "Wait a minute - I have to be missing something in some obscure rulebook paragraph or some errata."

I am now content I am not missing some errata, etc. 

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,220 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

I agree, every of the above mentioned strategies can be done. Castle Dracula is a location giving you some extra bonuses, but it's treated as all other locations (apart from the fact you have to play it face-up). So basically you can enter the castle (+2 blood), stay there and play Feed (+3 blood), stay there and play Hide (+2 blood), stay there and play Dark call (+1 blood at the end of the round), this means +8 blood and 4 turns gained. The main problem is that, being this location card played face-up, it's very unlkely to happen investigators will allow you to remain there for such a long time

As far as the Hospital is concerned, again, I agree, healing bites happens during the Movement phase, then you should have a complete Action phase, so I'd say you can rest

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS