• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Tane

Tane

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:44 AM

Hi,

i've just bought the box of the Dust tactics and i really love the miniatures (!!!) and the world ; I'm used with wargaming table without tiles and i've seen after gen Con you'll provide some Advanced rules for wargamer to play the miniature like some other wargame on a table (Wh40k, AT-43...)

So i wanted to know if the rules are written and when they'll be available on the site ? 

Thanks and Merry Christmas for everybody !!!

#2 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

my advise is get a bed sheet or thin boards and make a bigger scale table or buy another box like i did. congrats on ur purchase. 

#3 Tane

Tane

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for the advise :)

Anyways i'm gonna wait the answer of FFG because i think i'm not the only one who want to use the miniatures with wargaming dedicated rules and the other advantage for FFG will be the growing numbers of miniature sold if there are at least 2 armies to build and to buy !

I hope FFG could answer and may be give us the rules  for Christmas : it would be a nice gift ^^

Thanks

Merry Christmas !

#4 wildger

wildger

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

Come back in another year.  I doubt very much there will be any tabletop rules until the rest of the expansions are released.  They simply cannot release the tabletop version for the air units or the aliens without the official rules for Dust Tactics first.  So, go away and have fun with other games.  Check back next X'mas. OK.

#5 EasyEight

EasyEight

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

What's the big deal here? You can easily go "off board" and use the same core rules just have all your movement and ranges in increments of 6" (the size of one grid in the game). Then play away.

#6 frozenbunnysteak

frozenbunnysteak

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

There was a discussion of this here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=196&efcid=1&efidt=408758 

I don't think any real conclusions were reached about when official rules would be released, but I think there were good suggestions about how to do it with minimal effort or alterations.

#7 Tane

Tane

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

In my opinion, we should wait one moderator from Fantasy flight games or any writer of the game answer directly :)

But if someone has written some speicific rules, why not create a post for them ?

I hope i'll be listened :)

#8 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

Well I wish your attempt at getting a designer or FFG mod to answer your query much luck, but doubt greatly it will happen.  There is a thread that was posted that talked about some of the rule adjustments some of us have done to simulate "tabletop" rules.  That thread was given to you a couple posts up.

#9 Alpharius

Alpharius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

I so want to buy this game!

Weird War II is one of my favorite genres... BUT...

I really want tabletop miniatures rules too.

Might have to wait until they get released, if they ever do!

But, my willpower is dropping daily!

#10 Kanluwen

Kanluwen

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

Just give in Alph. You know you want to :P

#11 Hanomag

Hanomag

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

Everybody's doing it! 

You do want to be in the "in" crowd don't you?

-Jeff

#12 babalbin

babalbin

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

In the Dust Tactics video on YouTube the they confirm that the game will have a table top version available.  As to when this will be, there is no concrete date that I know of.

Here is the link to the video www.youtube.com/watch

#13 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

babalbin said:

In the Dust Tactics video on YouTube the they confirm that the game will have a table top version available.  As to when this will be, there is no concrete date that I know of.

Here is the link to the video www.youtube.com/watch

***Holds breath!!!! ***

#14 babalbin

babalbin

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

The statements about "table top" gaming with DT is between 5:18 and 5:38.

Cheers,

B

#15 babalbin

babalbin

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

Gobbo said:

***Holds breath!!!! ***

If they don't have TT rules by my birthday in June, I'll work some up!  :D

#16 Alpharius

Alpharius

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

Thanks for the link - fingers crossed on those table top rules...

And really, the miniatures are too good... I'M IN!

#17 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

I would imagine TT rules should come sometime after the first expanion, at which seems the only expansion other than the aircraft one that will add new or expanded rules. At least this is my hope.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS