Double Back into a Hunter?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KingPooper

KingPooper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

If dracula uses double back but has to cross the path of a hunter, does he engage in combat with them, or ignore it and continue moving?

I assume he definitely fights any hunters if he lands in the same city as them with double back, but i was wondering if he fights people he "crosses through" as he traces his path or not, and if so does this stop his movement?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

If Dracula stops in a location where Hunters are (regardless of the use of Double back), he has to fight them during the Action Phase, you're right.

If Dracula crosses a city where some Hunters are... I think the only way you are able to do this is by using the card that allows you to move twice in a round, and your first movement is via Double back (sorry, I don't have the game with me and I'm not able to check the name of the card). Anyway, the double movement is not a double turn. A turn consists of two different phases, Movement and Action. You place encounters / fight Hunters only during the Action Phase. If you move twice, you have two movement phases and one action phase after the second movement. So, let's say you are allowed to move twice in the same round. The first movement is a double back on Hunters city. You play your power cards, take the location card from the Trail / Catacombs (with all rules and restriction this implies) and that's it, even if there are Hunters in that city. Then you do the second movement, according to normal rules

Hope this helps!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

KingPooper said:

I assume he definitely fights any hunters if he lands in the same city as them with double back, but i was wondering if he fights people he "crosses through" as he traces his path or not, and if so does this stop his movement?

Anyway, a precisation: the Double-back is not a teleport, but a legal movement from your left-most position on the Trail. I was not so sure this point was clear. In case, apologies

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS