Two questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tehawa

Tehawa

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

first: may I delibarately destroy one of my figures/cities/buildings, for example to deny my opponent making use of my buildings, or (what's more important) to stop Russians from parasiting on my technologies? rulebook doesn't say a word, but I think it should be possible, say at the beginning of turn (when you place cities);

and second one: Russian ability states, that they may acquire technology known by opponent at no cost - but it refers to Research phase (normal R&D but for free) or it's additional tech gain?

#2 godfeather

godfeather

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

a) No, you may not voluntarily destroy things.

b) In order to get the tech you have to move an army or scout into an enemy city, so this is done during your movement step. You can only do this once per turn.

#3 blarknob

blarknob

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

Cities aren't conquered they are destroyed along with all thier buildings wonders and great people.

#4 v3ct0r_m4yh3m

v3ct0r_m4yh3m

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

I have an additional question about the Russians learning a tech through sacrifice. Can they only research a technology that legally fits on their tech pyramid or can they research any level tech?

I would say they must have a valid space on their pyramid, but then they do start out with a level 3 that is hovering at level 3 with no level 1 or 2 techs to support it. 

#5 Periculum

Periculum

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

They have to have the legal space on the pyramid. Gunpowder and combustion could both destroy the buildings you seek to destroy. Unfortunately at a price, but it can get the deed done.

#6 Turric4n

Turric4n

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

v3ct0r_m4yh3m said:

I have an additional question about the Russians learning a tech through sacrifice. Can they only research a technology that legally fits on their tech pyramid or can they research any level tech?

I would say they must have a valid space on their pyramid, but then they do start out with a level 3 that is hovering at level 3 with no level 1 or 2 techs to support it. 

if i understand correctly you dont play it right. nothing hovers, everyone starts with techs at level 1.

#7 allenkwest

allenkwest

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

Turric4n said:

v3ct0r_m4yh3m said:

if i understand correctly you dont play it right. nothing hovers, everyone starts with techs at level 1.

p 11: under "Learn Starting Tech"

Note: The level of a player’s starting tech is irrelevant during
setup. The tech is always placed in the bottom row of the player’s
tech pyramid.

#8 markko2

markko2

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:15 PM

I still don't understand...So if you use your Russian army to gain one enemy tech in movement step, you can still research one tech in research step?

so you can gain two tech in one turn? am i right?

#9 Turric4n

Turric4n

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

yes. you have to get more techs per round in order to succeed with a tech victory

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS