• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Old Dwarf

Old Dwarf

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

The Raven has left the building

BL unofficial Fan Site BattleLore Master.com is closing down.It says something about interest in a Game when a Fan Site as well designed as Universal Head's doesn't get enough traffic to keep it going.

BL has limped along on hope for years but the lights are going out,we need FFG to really inject some NEW interest in "Classic BL"

OD

A Dwarf in Winter

#2 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

and we, as fans, have to come back and to start visitng the spaces already created, honoring the achievements already made. we have to inject life in the game community as well! I suggest we enhance a campaign of BL revival, announcing ni our facebooks about new releases and updates, creating blogs where we post our adventures, putting new rules online, that is, going beyound FFG's forum!

#3 caradoc

caradoc

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

Sad to see the Raven go!  That was the best place for thematically delivered information on what was upcoming with the game.

Here's hoping FFG reinvigorate the game, and find the time to develop background and source material for the setting...

Cheers,

Giles.

#4 BornHero

BornHero

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

Sad days indeed. That was a well produced site.

#5 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

And people keep saying that "Battlelore" is being supported.  Really when a great site like Battleloremaster.com is going away?  When there is NEVER a FFG person lurking in these forums?   [but I bet there is one in Westeroes - no?  Haven't checked nor will I - probably will just P*SS me off more!].   And sadly even having Richard in a "support mode" person - and he can't even give out details on other new things.

Very sad - on such a great product too!

Cab

#6 Grove12345

Grove12345

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

still betting they are making major changes. maybe 2nd ed.

#7 Maimed

Maimed

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:01 AM

Old Dwarf said:

The Raven has left the building

BL unofficial Fan Site BattleLore Master.com is closing down.It says something about interest in a Game when a Fan Site as well designed as Universal Head's doesn't get enough traffic to keep it going.

BL has limped along on hope for years but the lights are going out,we need FFG to really inject some NEW interest in "Classic BL"

I feel that you are  right... I LOVE BL.... but I have no players....  no a game once a year is not enough.  I bougth all the expansions and painted them up well enough . my last expansion was HoHo... but I have not even been able to play it with anyone... I would love to buy the two new expansions... but why????????? I do not have players.. I really love ALL the games from Mr Borg.... but it looks like I will only be able to play them with a partner. which looks bad...

OH by the way... FFG... set up a comunity where plyers can meet each other.... 100% needed

I do have a CCA player comming by weekly , so I willm continue buying CCA and CCN, same with M'44..

recommend buy BL? hmmmmm , I think not...  no players.... the lovely site of the Raven is closed and there is a German site... much talk but no play.. want the game in German.... no idea why... noone playing.... I'll play M'44 online... although inferior to CCA and BL at leat one can find players..

"End of and Era" is I am afraid right on the mark

OD

#8 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

but to say that there are no players is to expect the world to change by itself! yesterday I spent a great deal of my afternoon and night playing BL with a friend that doesn't have the game. we created horoes, decided to use Call to Arms, and then, in the middle of the game, had to take photographs of the board so we could take our all things from my Grandma's house to my own, because my girlfirend's nephew of two years old needed to get home. we got here, ordered a pizza and started putting everything into place. it's a lot of love, and a lot of fun!

that BL is a great, outstanding game I think everyone of us agree. it's the greatest board game I've ver played, and it's the best game of strategy as well, since to me all the details of building the best army don't appeal. I gave up of Stae Wars miniatures because of the price, but also because you have to keep up with releases and work a lot of things to build the best team of miniatures. I stoped buying things for AGoT LCG for the same reason. BL is just perfect for me: you get to customize your army, but just after some luck pull on the cards. and you have a lot of great advetures already set, each one around some specific theme or idea, not everyone thinking about balance.

so, the question to me is: "how to get more players?" I don't think we will get far by just complaining there isn't many players around. I don't intent to be disrespectful: I understand it is completely frustrating to have such a nice game and no one to play with, especially when we are getting new materials and also the old ones.

#9 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

Well really hard to get MORE new players if there is NO Base game of the game being sold by the company.  Sure they have some French versions available, but after that, then what?   

That is REALLY the main issue - plus it sure would be nice to have some ACTUAL FFG support as well - when was the last time you actually saw an FFG person post here - barring the one that posted like in July for a FAQ?? 

Cab

#10 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

well, we can have new players into BL by arranging games with our already own boxes. we can make "BL parties" in which a few people come by to admire the game. we can recruit people to start being interest about BL universe, coming to the forum, asking for the game on local retailers. we can give the repurposed french boxes a push, helping it to be sold quite fast.

in short, we can do, at least to some high degree, that which FFG is failing to do. and we can do it ourselves, showing FFG how BL can be very much alive - and much more if they start giving it the support it deserves.

#11 superklaus

superklaus

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

And if you spend alot of time and energy and recruit all those new players...what exactly should they buy? The base box? Oh wait there is NO base box on the market. Ergo: you cannot promote a dead game.

#12 Caboose

Caboose

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

superklaus said:

And if you spend alot of time and energy and recruit all those new players...what exactly should they buy? The base box? Oh wait there is NO base box on the market. Ergo: you cannot promote a dead game.

This coming from a person who posts mainly in Warhammer - bet he would feel differently if Warhammer went "dead" and got no support either.   Just another Troll post in my opinion.

#13 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

superklaus said:

if this game was dead and buried, that might be the case. but we are seeing it rising again, and how much it will rise depends largely on us - that is my opinion. you can proimote a game that is sleeping by showing how it is amazing and how it is getting some attention, some upgrades and such. and, yes, new players will be able to buy the core set from the repurposed boxes.

the time we are living now says that what becomes of those boxes, how well they sell, and how many new players comes to BL, will direct what will become of it all. that's my guess. and I think it has a lot of future. FFG will have to come up with another Core Set, that is for sure. and we will probably see it in another format. that's ok if BL remains alive and kicking!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS