• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

Hi there people!

Is it correct that the Troll is only a level 1 creature? That means that it counts as a level 1 for the board of conselors, right? The Troll seems so much more powerful than the Giant Spider, I would expect it to be at least level 2.

When you play CtA, how to you manage creatures? I mean, if you have only the Core Box how you do you manage who should deploy the Giant Spider if the two players drawed deployment cards with creatures? I imagine the palyer in which the creature first appear for deployment (the player that has putted the card with the creature on his / her Vanguard - Right Wing), but if the creature appears simultaneously?

That's not the case for me, since I have the Troll as well, but I'm not sure how we will manage who has the chance to deploy which creature without having to argue about it. How do you do it? I'll love to see some suggestions and critics.

Thanks!

#2 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:16 AM

is there a creature that is not level 1?

#3 48k

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:26 AM

Hi,

The troll is a level 1 creature (http://www.boardgame...tlelore-dragons)

And lunaris there is at least one  level 2  (http://www.boardgame...tlelore-dragons)

and one level 3 (http://www.boardgame...tlelore-dragons)

#4 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:40 AM

The way you manage who gets what creature during the first set-up phase (ie you get a creature on your card but you put that card in the main guard and not in the reserves), whichever player owns the creature figurine has the right to use that creature. This is almost always a non-issue, since the chances that both players will draw a creature-bearing card AND place it on the same section, and then want the exact same creature, are slim. But yeah if all that happens, then whoever owns the creature has the right to take the creature for himself, or to defer use of the creature to the other player. 

#5 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

Right, thanks for the aswers.

After playing a couple of adventuers with the "Troll on a sunbate suit" (as we are calling our good little friend), I've started to understand that having 6dices to roll for attack and the ability to regenerate isn't the greatest thing in the world. As I discovered, I have an academic Troll. He sure rolls more Lore (when already full of hit points) than anything else. He also rolls a lot of Flags, so he must be a good intimdator. Maybe he is also an actor! Good guy.

But he don't hit often. Sure, 6 dices give a lot of chance to hit, bus since he hits only on banner collor results, his chances become a little weakened.

As much as I like my Troll-on-a-sunbate-suit, I'm thinking I prefer my dancing spider. She moves a lot, being quite useful on top of a hill or inside of a forest, and that trick that she can muster when already with a Lore token is a bliss: she shoots a web before attacking, translating Flags not ignored to damage and preventing any chance of retaliation. It's a great tactic to break a Bold line, for instance.

Now I'm eager to get my hands on the dragons and other creatures!

Cheers!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS