Genres FFG needs to explore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

What genres do you think FFG needs to make more games about? What haven't they made much of?

Here's some genres/themes I think they need to implement.

1. The Wild West. We all love cowboys. As far as I know, FFG hasn't done anything west of the mississipi.

2. Post-apocalypse. This can be an interesting genre to play with, because you can throw in a bunch of realistic sci-fi.

3. Superheroes! You know you love them. While there are plenty of superheroic RPGs and mini games, there are few board/card games.

4. Straight up space combat. As far as I can tell, FFG makes lots of space conquest games, but nothing involving starfighters and spaceship combat.

5. Zombies! The zombie apocalypse is coming, and we need to prepare buy playing games about it. Maybe something large scale, Z-war style, or Last Night on Earth-ish. As long as you don't take it seriously, it's a fun theme.

6. WW1 and Civil War. There's a lot of FFG WW2 games, but none of the other historical genres (except for WoW:FA) are really represented.

Those are just some ideas I came up with. What genres do you feel are underrepresented?

#2 Ornendil

Ornendil

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

I too am hoping for a straight up space combat game, see my post below :)

#3 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

Below where?

Yah, that would be cool. I just think they need to do something new and creative with any space combat game they do. That shouldn't be a problem, knowing FFG.

#4 Ornendil

Ornendil

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

TheShadow said:

Below where?

I should have said see post in general forum below this thread

#5 Admje14

Admje14

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

I think that Wild West would be cool, as I haven't seen much implementation of that theme anywhere.  I personally think that there are plenty of zombie games out there, though, so I'm not really rushing for more of those.  Superhero I'm also on board with, though - they've done Marvel, now maybe they can get a DC license.  : )

#6 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Yah, we all love the wild west. Right?

Maybe they shouldn't go for a liscence. I don't think they really need one. From what we've seen in the past, FFG is full of some pretty creative people. I think they could pass on other IPs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS