Starship combat game in the vein of Silent Death and Wings of War

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ornendil

Ornendil

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

Has there been any talk of making a starship combat game?

I love the planes made for Wings of War, and could easily see a science fiction version. Silent Death: the Next Millennium was a great example of the type of game I envision, it had an interesting and detailed setting, easy to learn rules with very expandable game mechanics and a host of neat ships and rules for making one's own and most importantly, it was fast playing. It did have its flaws, couldn't handle large scale combat well, capital ships were way too complicated to use (in my opinion) and the metal miniatures were too expensive. The game is still loosely supported by Iron Crown Enterprises, but it's mostly extinct.

What I'd love to see is a starship game that actually takes the laws of physics into account (without of course bogging the game down with too many rules), ships that have limited fuel, frictionless inertia (once you're moving you don't expend fuel unless you want to accelerate or change course), afterburners that eat up fuel but provide an extra boost in speed, more realistic weapons, like nuclear/anti matter tipped warheads that have blast radiuses (you don't have to actually hit the ship you're aiming for, and damage falls off with distance), etc. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Ornendil

#2 TheShadow

TheShadow

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

You know, I really don't want to see a rethemed WoW. I'd rather see something unique, something new in space combat. But yah, I agree...we need some fighters in the final frontier (like the alliteration? huh? huh?).

#3 PBnJ

PBnJ

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

Would love to see them Do this in a LCG format.  for starship combat and comquest.  Using TI ofcouse.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS