• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 FFGKimball

FFGKimball

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hello Dust Tactics fans!

The game has been out for nearly six months, and we have received lots of positive feedback on the game—from the gorgeous miniatures to the fast, furious gameplay. We are really excited about the upcoming releases, so check back on our website frequently to catch the latest developments on Dust Tactics.

At this time we are working on creating a FAQ for the game. If you have any rule questions that you feel aren't answered in the Core Set rulebook, please add them to this thread for our consideration.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

#2 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

I know these questions are throughout the forums but I'd like to see official rules rather than peoples opinions or ideas.

How does sustain fire or berserk work for laser weapons?

Does Black Op Work on first round?

The ludwig's 8.8 stats are for both guns not for just 1 right?

Does Joe's Grenade Launcher ignore cover?

Do heroes get cover saves like squads or are they stuck getting fired at all the time like walkers?

#3 Commander Dust

Commander Dust

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Mine isn't so much a rules question as a stats question.

Looking at the base set I get how each allies unit has a corresponding axis unit. The points for which seem fair enough.

The only exception to this seems to me to be the Recon Rangers squad. when compared to the "Recon Grenadiers". The Allies seem to be incrediblt hard done by according to the card.

The basic rifles are the same.

The axis mg48 has more dice than the victory.

The panzerfaust is able to damage heavy infantry and vehicles up to Armour 7 and there are3 to use, where as UGL's can only hurt up to medium infantry and only vehicles up to armour 2!! they do have apoint more range

The axis also have the knife and grenade weapon as opposed to simply a knife meaning they can damage heavy infantry and light vehicles. They allied unit can not.

All in all, the Recon Grenadiers are much better and more destructive than the Recon boys and yet they are both 2 points to buy for your army. This seems wrong to me.

The campaign book lists the Recon boys as using there speed to get in and then out. But they have no extra speed. I am wondering if they are meant to have the fast skill to balance out their lack of destructive capability. 

Thanks for reading.

#4 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

arkangl said:

I know these questions are throughout the forums but I'd like to see official rules rather than peoples opinions or ideas.

How does sustain fire or berserk work for laser weapons?

Does Black Op Work on first round?

The ludwig's 8.8 stats are for both guns not for just 1 right?

Does Joe's Grenade Launcher ignore cover?

Do heroes get cover saves like squads or are they stuck getting fired at all the time like walkers?

All of these questions [except the Ludwig's 88s question] are answered in very clear and plain English in the rules.

#5 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

They are but for tournament reasons I want an something official rather than just forum answer. I'm not a straight forward person on rules but I play 40k and there are a lot a people who are in that game so I figure there will be in this game when it goes more mainstream like 40k is.

#6 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

Ok, I am a 40k player too, but like I said.  There is no question about these abilities...  They are Clearly defined and spelled out in the rules.  It is not like a lot of 40k rules where they don't say one way or the other.  The rules I am talking about are straight forward.  I can quote page numbers for you if you would like.

#7 Ken on Cape

Ken on Cape

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

When a squad fires, can they fire all weapons listed on the card in the same round, or does each unit in a squad only fire once?  The rules are not clear. It says all the mechs can fire all there weapons, but nothing about squads.

#8 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

Ken on Cape said:

When a squad fires, can they fire all weapons listed on the card in the same round, or does each unit in a squad only fire once?  The rules are not clear. It says all the mechs can fire all there weapons, but nothing about squads.

Kinda is clear, page 10 first sentence under "Shooting Rules" During its activation a unit may use all of its weapons.

#9 Pulsar

Pulsar

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

I've heard there are miniature rules for the game.  Where can I get them?  Are they FFG or unofficial?

#10 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

Tabletop rules are unofficial and why would you be posting in the FAQ about that.

#11 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

Ok so I found contradicting rules when it comes to shooting diagonals. The rules says it’s the same on as moving diagonal allowing the 1st diagonal to count as 1 instead of 2 on page 6, but if you look at the example on the next page, page 7, it counts diagonals as 2 each. Which one is right? I would assume the text overrides the example, but it still contradicts itself.

#12 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

having looked at the picture on page seven of the rulebook I don't see a problem with the ruling on page 6 and the picture on page 7.
The picture clearly has the first diagonal as 1 square and any further diagonals counting as 2.

In other words both the rules on page 6 and the example picture on page 7 are correct as they both give the same information.

#13 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

I believe this was already addressed, but could not find it. What is bad is that I think I asked this question before and dont remember the answer.

Dust Tactics Rule Book

Page 9:  The squad or hero cannot end its move in the same square as another unit, however.

Page 14:  A hero can share a square with a friendly unit, even a friendly vehicle.  Heros are the only units that can share a square with a friendly unit.

The two units can still share the same square (since heroes are allowed to share a square with any friendly unit).

Therefore, are heroes allowed to move and end in the same square as a squad they are not attached to? 

Can they end in the same square as a vehicle?

#14 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

I got a good one for FAQ. What do you do when you have 12 recon squads and 1 hero for 200 points. You have 9 squares to deploy on and it says deploy not enter? Do you enter the table at the first group or do you deploy the next row up?

#15 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

Not got cyclone yet but the core game missions all allow movement on the turn your unit arrives so you can run onto the board and have space for another unit on the square behind the first.

Operation: Cyclone will arrive next week but unless that has missions where you deploy instead of move onto the board your situation should not come up in any game.

#16 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

No only ones that say enter the board which is walking on turn 1 and you can run 2 squares the ones that say deploy on the board start on the board b4 the game starts which means you cannot move until the first turn and u are stuck with ur first row of deployment. Also what about home made scanerios the store made for tournaments which it says in the tournament rules its allowed.

#17 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

arkangl said:

No only ones that say enter the board which is walking on turn 1 and you can run 2 squares the ones that say deploy on the board start on the board b4 the game starts which means you cannot move until the first turn and u are stuck with ur first row of deployment.

On page 16 of the coregame rulebook it states that:
"During the first round, the units must enter the gameboard. Their first action on the battlefield is always a one square move ([arrow image]), symbolizing the fact that the unit "enters" the gameboard. Once a unit has entered the game, it acts straight away! All options are not available (since the unit already moved once), but if you have a target in range, you may attack it immediately. You may also choose to perform a double movement, etc."

This means that in any official mission a unit that is put onto the board counts as having moved 1 square (1 action) and can make one more action that turn. That second action can then be used to move again (double movement) to create an entry space for the next unit.

arkangl said:

Also what about home made scanerios the store made for tournaments which it says in the tournament rules its allowed.

So you expect FFG to solve a problem that has originated from a houserule?

Easy fix for that one would be that it you can't deploy a unit it has to wait till the next round to deploy but you are never allowed to keep units back if you have got the space to deploy them.

#18 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

OMG, you are not getting it. When it says under deployment if it says "Deploy" they don't move on to the table they are already there that means its before the game starts. If it says "enter" like described on page 16 like you are saying they can run and move onto the bored. Those are 2 different ways of setting up on the board. One starts on the table and one starts off of the table b/c for example how am I entering the table on the Descent mission if I start in the middle of the board there is no way to "enter" the table. My question is what happens if I play a mission like that and do not have enough room to fit all my guys and these are not house rules they are just using different version to the terrain and rules already made in a different configuration.

#19 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:56 AM

arkangl said:

OMG, you are not getting it. When it says under deployment if it says "Deploy" they don't move on to the table they are already there that means its before the game starts. If it says "enter" like described on page 16 like you are saying they can run and move onto the bored. Those are 2 different ways of setting up on the board. One starts on the table and one starts off of the table b/c for example how am I entering the table on the Descent mission if I start in the middle of the board there is no way to "enter" the table. My question is what happens if I play a mission like that and do not have enough room to fit all my guys and these are not house rules they are just using different version to the terrain and rules already made in a different configuration.

fine , dont believe him ,  straight from one of the designers : 

http://www.boardgame...enter-vs-deploy

#20 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

You both are not getting this. this is the FAQ forum so I want it in the FAQ so that they can explain it not that I don't believe it on there I am just saying I want it in the FAQ. And Oliver still didnt answer the person above him's questions about Descent and Patrol of how do they enter if they can be placed in the middle of the board.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS