So, what's next?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Iorniem

Iorniem

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:18 AM

I'm quite surprised the last Chapter of the current cycle is merely a month away and we have no news about the next series/deluxe expansion/something.

Also, whatever happened to the House Stark resin card? Why is Baratheon coming soon and Stark isn't (not even on the schedule)?

This is such a great game; it certainly is "the only game that matters"! 

- Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken -

#2 FATMOUSE

FATMOUSE

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

No one except FFG knows what the next CP expansion will be.  I remember a while back voting at a tournament if players wanted more support for Holy, War, Noble, or Learned crest support.  Nearly everyone I spoke with that voted, voted for Learned crest.  I don't know if Learned got the most votes, but considering Balerion and the Minstrel plot was printed, I'm guessing that FFG will deliver on whatever the community voted for.  I don't know if the next expansion will be crest-based, but as some point one probably will be and my guess is that it will be focused on the Learned crest.

#3 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Going by Call of Cthulhu they didn't announce the next series of chapter packs for them until about a month before the last chapter pack, so for us I'd imagine we'll be hearing about it soon. I also guess that we'll be getting another expansion box announcement soon too.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#4 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

FATMOUSE said:

No one except FFG knows what the next CP expansion will be.  I remember a while back voting at a tournament if players wanted more support for Holy, War, Noble, or Learned crest support.  Nearly everyone I spoke with that voted, voted for Learned crest.  I don't know if Learned got the most votes, but considering Balerion and the Minstrel plot was printed, I'm guessing that FFG will deliver on whatever the community voted for.  I don't know if the next expansion will be crest-based, but as some point one probably will be and my guess is that it will be focused on the Learned crest.

Just to be sure: this presumably recent vote was cast post-Noble crest vote from 2 years back, right?
Since War, Noble and Holy crests got their time in the limelight, I'd like to see more of Learned...and maybe even some non-neutral Shadow crests for non-Lannies.

With a card like Ill Tidings, we may already be seeing some early signs of Learned crest support .

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS