Photo

My extension on Dust using comics and movies.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

So I decided to spice up dust a little an use comic and other media characters who fought or involved in WWII. I am using superhero miniatures for the models since most of them already exist in WWII uniform or military uniform with some conversions. I figure that since this is already fictional era why not show what these people would be doing during this WWII. I tried to make them as balanced as possible if you do not think they are balanced let me know.

In movie he helped during WWII
Cliff "The Rocketeer"
Move 3 Armor 2 HP 3
Pistol
Knife
Agile
Ignores terrain when moving cannot end on terrain though
Pts2

In the movies he fought during WWII
Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr.
Move 1 Armor 2 HP 4
Revolver
Whip 1 5/1 3/1 2/1 1/1
Black Op, Fast
Pts 2

Have to be used in a pairs.
Xavier and Eisenhardt
He joined the army in the Korean War in 1950 well since the Korean War never happens he joins the allies and they find out his abilities.
Charles Xavier
Move 1 Armor 2 HP 4
Pistol
Psyonic Blast U 2/1 2/1 2/1 2/1
Sniper
Mind Control - Pick a non-vehicle unit then roll a dice. When a target is rolled you can control that unit for a whole round. When a blank is rolled, roll another dice on a target the unit cannot move or shoot for whole turn. Cannot be rerolled.
Pts 5

He was a Jew in the Holocaust Concentration Camps until the Nazis found out his abilities. They brainwashed him to be used as a tool.
Max Eisenhardt "Magneto" his birth name
Move 1 Armor 2 HP 4
Sword U 3/1 2/1 2/1 1/1 2/1 2/1 1/1 1/1
Fighting Spirit
Magnetism Master - Pick a non-vehicle unit then roll a dice. When the target is rolled that units weapons shoot at their users. All metal weapons in that squad are shot except limited ammo that is already used up. When a blank is rolled roll another dice on a target the unit cannot shoot for whole turn. Cannot be rerolled.
Pts 5

Cap and Red Skull
Nuff Said found his body and revived him.
Steve Rogers "Captain America"
Move 1 Armor 4 HP 5
M1 AR
Shield 1 6/1 4/1 2/1 2/1
Agile, Black Op, Fighting Spirit
All Cover is Hard Cover and in Open is Soft Cover.
Pts 4

Nuff Said
Johann Schmidt "Red Skull"
Move 1 Armor 2 HP 6
Cosmic Cube - Last Pistol
Knife
Agile, Black Op, Damage Resilient
Pts 4

Logan and Victor
Nuff Said but since the war is still going on he went through Weapon X earlier than in comic.
James "Logan" Howlett "Wolverine"
Move 2 Armor 2 HP 6
M1 AR
Claws 1 8/1 6/1 4/1 2/1 2/1 1/1 1/1 -
Charge, Damage Resilient(Always), Fighting Spirit
Pts 4

Nuff Said but jealous of Logan going through Weapon X so badly that he joined Nazis who also offered there version of Weapon X
Victor Creed "Sabertooth"
Move 1 Armor 2 HP 6
SIG 47
Claws 1 8/1 6/1 4/1 2/1 2/1 1/1 1/1 -
Charge, Damage Resilient(Always), Berserk
Pts 4

Hellboy and Kroenen
Nuff Said but some how aged slightly faster due to magic to make him ready to help fight.
Hellboy
Move 1 Armor 3 HP 5
.48 Pistol - Pistol
Hand of Doom 1 8/1 6/1 4/1 2/1 4/1 3/1 2/1 1/2 1/1 1/1
Fast, Fighting Spirit, Damage Resilient
All Cover is Hard Cover.
Pts 4

Movie Version Nuff Said
Karl Ruprecht Kroenen
Move 1 Armor 2 HP 5
Pistol
Blades 6/1 4/1 3/1 2/1 1/1 1/1
Assault, Damage Resilient
Pts 4

#2 frozenbunnysteak

frozenbunnysteak

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:55 AM

Just a couple of things I'm not sure about.  Not tried out any of this for real, but a couple of things look pretty powerful.

Wolverine has move 2 and charge, so he can theoretically double move 4 squares, then one for charge, and attack with his claws.  He might not worry a vehicle, but I wouldn't want my infantry anywhere near him.  Hellboy, with charge and fast is able to do a similar thing just one square less move.  Sabertooth can do the same as wolverine above once per game with assault and charge.

Also, there are a lot of characters with black ops on that list.  I know it doesn't stack, but I was rather hoping it wouldn't be something that would pop up in every battle, once there was a little choice of characters.  Just a thought.

You haven't given a points value for any of them, so it's a bit difficult to tell if they'll be  too powerful.

#3 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

1) My idea was to put make wolverine fast bc he and sabertooth are big close combat figs. Hellboy was a typo didnt mean charge.

2) I know they dont stack but i was thinking of not all these heroes at once but more along the line of the box itself with only 2 at a time maybe i should accomidate for multiple heroes.

3) Charles and Magneto I was thinking 4 or 5. Cap, Skull, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Hellboy and Kroenen was going to be 3 or 4 and Indy and Rocketeer were gonna be 2 or 3, I was pushing more for a 2.

#4 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

Update on heroes. Stuff changed and points added.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS