Jump to content



Photo

Buying AH question


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Machinegod

Machinegod

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

I have finally decided to buy AH, so of course the hunt has begun.

I have browsed several Internet shops (As the price here is around 70£), some have the VA09 code attached to their Item, and some have an ISBN code. Is there any difference between the 2 products. I was wondering if the ISBN version was the first print, and the VA the second?

Any information is very appriciated.

 



#2 thorgrim

thorgrim

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Looking at my box at the barcode area, mine has an ISBN number listed and the code VA09 on it. It is probably just different stores recording it in different ways.



#3 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

    Rules Guru

  • Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

If you can get AH anywhere, it is most likely the 2nd edition as 1st edition has been sold out for years.



#4 Argonel

Argonel

    Member

  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

ColtsFan76 said:

If you can get AH anywhere, it is most likely the 2nd edition as 1st edition has been sold out for years.

And it is most likely the second (third?) printing of it as well with the slightly less attractive board coloration.  First printing has a darker background to is making it better looking in my opinion, but the second printing makes it easier to see what color each neighbohood is.

In any case I would but whichever version you find as it is a most excellent game.



#5 Machinegod

Machinegod

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Thank you very much, I think I'll press the buy button then :)

#Throgrim: If you have the time, you mind posting the ISBN number on your box?



#6 thorgrim

thorgrim

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Machinegod said:

Thank you very much, I think I'll press the buy button then :)

#Throgrim: If you have the time, you mind posting the ISBN number on your box?

 

 

Yeah, no worries. The ISBN is 978-1-58994-210-3. Mine is the revised printing of 2nd edition, which is the one you want to aim for. It has a number of reprinted rules entries along with a couple of reprinted cards to reflect some official changes made in the FAQ.



#7 Dam

Dam

    Member

  • Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Argonel said:

And it is most likely the second (third?) printing of it as well with the slightly less attractive board coloration.  First printing has a darker background to is making it better looking in my opinion, but the second printing makes it easier to see what color each neighbohood is.

I, on the other hand, like the lighter, yellow board, it fits pretty seamlessly with the coloring on the Dunwich board.


"A dirty mind is its own reward."


#8 Machinegod

Machinegod

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

#Thorgrim: Thanks, it's exactly the same so it's ordered.

Looking forward to some looong night in Arkham :)



#9 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

    Rules Guru

  • Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

Dam said:

Argonel said:

 

And it is most likely the second (third?) printing of it as well with the slightly less attractive board coloration.  First printing has a darker background to is making it better looking in my opinion, but the second printing makes it easier to see what color each neighbohood is.

 

 

I, on the other hand, like the lighter, yellow board, it fits pretty seamlessly with the coloring on the Dunwich board.

Ditto



#10 Tibs

Tibs

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

Yeah it didn't take me long at all to appreciate the yellow revised printing. Sure it's no longer a picture of the city, but a map—but it is definitely easier to read and looks good next to Dunwich and Kingsport (and, I assume, Innsmouth). "Seamless" is absolutely the appropriate word.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS