Question about fortune die characteristic advances

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UniversalHead

UniversalHead

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:02 PM

When a player takes fortune die 'open career advances', it says you can add a fortune die to one of the primary characteristics listed on his career sheet.

The question is,  do they have to be from each, or can the character advance one of them twice?

For example, if a Pit Fighter has 2 fortune die advances and his primary characteristics are Strength and Toughness, can he take 2 Toughness fortune dice? Or does he have to take one of each?

#2 Cwell2101

Cwell2101

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

He can purchase both on one of them yes.

I did house rule it to be like Skill Training, limiting it at 1 per Attribute per Rank. But for Career as the Commoner (3 Fortunes possible), i also allowed to put the Fortune on any Attribute. You avoid that way the guy(s) that put all on a single stat munchkin

#3 Kintero

Kintero

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

My question would be, if he took a fortune die advance on Toughness, does that also apply to damage?  IE If he has a T of 3 and one fortune die advance, does he absorb 4 points of damage or just 3? And does this apply to Strength and combat as well?

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Kintero said:

My question would be, if he took a fortune die advance on Toughness, does that also apply to damage?  IE If he has a T of 3 and one fortune die advance, does he absorb 4 points of damage or just 3? And does this apply to Strength and combat as well?

No.

Soak and Damage rating are computated only from characteristic dice.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#5 Jicey

Jicey

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Even if you play a limit of 1 fortune max per rank in the same characteristic, you can end up with 3 fortunes in a single charac at rank 3 after 3 careers.

Can't find anything in the rules against that (and that's fine by me).

But the thing is, I haven't seen any creature (or NPC) in the rules with more than 1 fortune in any charac.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS