• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

Turambar

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hi everybody,

don't know if it has already been asked this (in case, sorry for the repeated topic), but... yesterday evening I was playing the scenario 9 of the league - which means all expansions mixed together - and I had a Hound of Tindalos appearing in Kingsport. After a couple of rounds, a Mythos card instructed us to move this monster, but there weren't investigators in Kingsport it could hunt for. Should the Hound of Tindalos have been able to reach investigators in Arkham / Dunwich, or remained confined in Kingsport? I don't think monsters are able to catch the train and move, and only aquatic monsters seem to have the ability to reach Arkham, but considering they have a special movement, I'm not that sure.

Thx for help

#2 cim

cim

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Hounds can catch the train. Count from its position in Kingsport to the train location in Kingsport, and then count from the train locations in Dunwich and Arkham to find the nearest investigator. Thematically, they can transport themselves across vast distances in time and space: the next stop up the train line isn't going to be a big deal.

#3 Turambar

Turambar

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Thank you! this could be a great fun or a horrible nightmare, but anyway now I know how to move it. Tough monster indeed...

#4 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

cim said:

Hounds can catch the train. Count from its position in Kingsport to the train location in Kingsport, and then count from the train locations in Dunwich and Arkham to find the nearest investigator. Thematically, they can transport themselves across vast distances in time and space: the next stop up the train line isn't going to be a big deal.

The only clarification to this is that the Hound will always go to an investigator on its current board before boarding th train to go to another board.  This is true even if the location on the other board is closer based on number of spaces.  For exmaple, if an Investigator A is on the Train Station, the Hound is on Dunwich's Bishop's Brook Bridge and Investigator B is on Cold Spring Glen.  Investigator A and the Hound are technically 1 space away, while Investigator B and the Hound are 3 spaces away.  The Hound would travel to Cold Spring Glen first.

Since this isn't what you asked (since you stated the Hound's current board was clear), it doesn't change Cim's answer.  I just wanted to make it clear because it has tripped me up in the past.

#5 Turambar

Turambar

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thank you colt! The point you touched was clear, but anyway having a confirmation is always a good thing!

#6 StarBurn

StarBurn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Also if you are at the monster limit, and the hound of tindalos would move in arkham after an investigator, he would go into the outskirts instead. This does not affect him if he passes trough arkham to go to dunwich from kingsport, since he teleports himself and does not stop to travel.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS